Deactivated Hopper 3 Question

sbmurf

Original poster
Sep 24, 2019
West Coast
Hello everyone,

I recently canceled my Dish service (after many, many years) but continue to use my non-leased Hopper 3 for OTA functions. When I canceled service I had to
return my leased Joeys.

My wife really misses the functionality of a Joey in other rooms of the house. Does anyone know if a purchased Joey 3 will work without Dish service?

Thanks,
Steve

I had two joeys and a Hopper 3 that I owned and when I cancelled after 25 years. I noticed that I could still use the joeys to see the hopper in the living room. But I could only access the ota channels of course. But I don't think you can connect a joey after you cancelled, that has never been turned on to your account first. I am sure someone from DISH would confirm that as well.

I had two joeys and a Hopper 3 that I owned and when I cancelled after 25 years. I noticed that I could still use the joeys to see the hopper in the living room. But I could only access the ota channels of course. But I don't think you can connect a joey after you cancelled, that has never been turned on to your account first. I am sure someone from DISH would confirm that as well.
Thanks for the info, Mike. I thought that might be the case but wanted to ask here before I purchased a Joey.