Dead 622 ? Any tricks to try ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
We had our receiver on this morning checking the local weather channel and all was well. When we got home this afternoon/evening, the 622 appears to be dead....

I've tried the power button 3-4 times, unplugged the surge suppressor a time or two as well as plugging the box directly into an outlet. Makes no difference.

When I called tech support, the "troubleshooting" steps were less than what I'd already tried on my own before calling. Downside is, the replacement will be "3-5 days". :(

(I had no recordings but my wife had quite a few)

Are there any tricks people know to try ? Then again, if I revive it, I suspect it won't last too long and it would be down again.

Probably won't do anything but try putting an old gift or credit card in the card slot and pulling...
622 has embedded smartcard, so cc/business card would be of no help i think

if you can get it booted try menu 6 1 3 info r l play play recall tv/video, then unplug or hard reset
the above should clear nvram

We had our receiver on this morning checking the local weather channel and all was well. When we got home this afternoon/evening, the 622 appears to be dead....
Please define "dead".

Is there any noise emanating from the box?

Any lights?

I'm convinced there is something seriously wrong with the receiver, but people's definition of "dead" varies from not responding to the remote to completely inert.

Dead = no lights, no fan, no sound

I'm not holding out much more than an inkling of hope for it but just something to tide us over for a few days. We can't imagine .... no PAUSE, no recording, no re-winding. I think we'll survive, but damn, it will be hard !! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)