Dead 722

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Started acting strange a few days ago. No pause, recording access, etc. Rebooted then and was fine till this morning. Hard reboot several times with no response from the receiver. Called TS and got a great guy named Al. Of course he was obligated to make me repeat steps. As least he got me picture again, and was able to determine the HD is gone. Sending a replacement on Monday. No charge. Hate that it happened, but pleased with the resolution. Lost some recording, but none that I had not already watched.

Strange - our 722 just croaked in much the same way. Every morning error message 311 started coming up. Cut power and after reboot the hard drive could be accessed again. Called in and after teaching the tech support gal where the values were, Dish is sending out a replacement. The 722 has since gotten worse and worse. Can now access the hard drive for only brief periods. Hope the replacement is here on time...

I had one of the first Dish DVRs many years ago and a number of others along the way. We now have two 622s and the 722. This is the first DVR receiver we have had fail. I accuse my wife of wearing it out - she keeps the hard drive near capacity all the time. Hopefully the next one will hold up better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)