Dead Openbox X3-openbox in bootloop

Status
Please reply by conversation.

halkaliozan

Original poster
Dec 1, 2012
tur
Hi all
I am very disappointed with my item Openbox X3. It has been just a few months I am using this. I used wifi, c/c/c/am, bi/ss, and everything without a problem.

My device went in constant loop mode after I put some new ne/w/ca/md lines via update tool.

Before this time, when it went in rebooting mode, I tried several firmwares from the yoja website and I un-bricked the device by loading firmwares using RS232 cable. When it went in bootloop mode, I had the latest firmware (11,02,2012) on the device.

However, this time it is different; I cannot do that.
I can connect it to computer via rs232 cable, I can flash the device without interruption, everything goes OK, but after flashing, constant loop goes on; nothing changes.
I tried almost all of the firmwares, I tried even sk/ybox firmwares for S3-M3-S4-M4-S11 etc. etc. I dont have a problem with connecting and flashing the device..

I tried x3 upgrade tool, and I also used 8MFlash tool with no luck. I used almost all firmware and loader combinations. Bootloop goes on. I removed LNB, HDMI, ethernet, wifi when I am doing that. Then I tried flashing with them on, but no..

I was also told to flash the device with a socket on-off trick, but it didnt change anything either..

I also wrote to the guys in Yoja, however got no answer from them.

I thought about a heat problem, but bootloop goes on in cold environment, as well.

I am thinking to open the box and then look for a reset chip in it.

Can you help me?

Sorry to hear that your receiver was killed while attempting to circumvent legal subscription services. Doesn't sound like any fault of the receiver.

Maybe buy a new burned flash from the manufacturer or extract and reprogram with new data?

Last edited:
tnx

Have a read on this thread and see if it can help!!

I asked for an idea of Slu/gwor/th from that forum.. My receiver doesnt have a mo/tor, so I dont think so.. But we'll see.

Did you try disconnecting the satellite-coax to see if it might boot up correctly? Just a thought...

I disconnected everything from the beginning. It is not the solution. Thanks..

Sorry to hear that your receiver was killed while attempting to circu/mvent legal subsc/ription serv/ices. Doesn't sound like any fault of the receiver.

Maybe buy a new burned flash from the manufacturer or extract and reprogram with new data?

I guess it doesnt seem right, but it was a fr/ee one. Also they make this receiver exactly for this stuff.

I got a ROM from sl/ugw/orth who said it should work, but it did not..

Thanks for all the input.

Any other ideas?

I've read on another forum about people using ccam with the n-line keys and all that. I think that is what causes a lot of problems with the x3, m3, f3, etc. Besides that it is illegal. I've had a skybox f3 for about a year, using it for legal fta only, and never had an ounce of trouble with it. It has the same hardware as the x3.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts