Deadwood season 2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Excellent...
Brings back that gritty and raw western. It actually had me running to the history books (Internet version) to check the truth, and it was fairly accurate on characters.
It will offend some, language and all, I even checked to see if F* was used that much in those days.
Season two will be hard to match the first year. The historic part of Deadwood has played out, now they have to get creative.

Ia m not so sure about that. Ther are a lot of stories about Deadwood. heck they could so a season just on the stories about Al Swearingen.

I think Deadwood will have alot of stories to write about in season two. Geronimo your right about a season of stories just about Al Swearingen. I think they only had 12 episodes last season? It would be great if they had 20 or more episodes this season?

I thought the first half season of Deadwood was much better than the second half. Right after they killed Wild Bill, the show just dropped off.

I know a few women that stopped watching after hearing the "C" word so often. It would come back next spring if it does at all.

Dvlos said:
Is this series any good?
It is very interesting and violent. But probably very true to the reality of an unsettled mining town. It takes a few episodes to desensitize yourself to the language. Everyother word is Fu$$ or cocksu$$er. After the first episode you will probably debate whether or not you will watch it again. But its worth it I think. Ive grown to love the series. Definately not for kids though.

Kentstater72 said:
I even checked to see if F* was used that much in those days.
What's the verdict on the F*** word? We've had running debates about whether it was a common used word back in those days. I'm on the side that it was used in such a fashion for no other reason than to convince my wife to get over the language so we can get back to watching the F***ing great series that it is...

That's the thing with HBO though, a lot of their series they do they think the script has to be of the 4 letter variety. To me that's just lame writing, and a cop out. It works for Oz, I guess it makes the Sopranos seem a little meaner, but the old west? I would also like to know if people in the old west sound like people from this decade with a slight accent and guns.

EDIT: Does anyone know if they are re-airing Season 1 or if it's out on DVD?

Dvlos said:
That's the thing with HBO though, a lot of their series they do they think the script has to be of the 4 letter variety. To me that's just lame writing, and a cop out. It works for Oz, I guess it makes the Sopranos seem a little meaner, but the old west? I would also like to know if people in the old west sound like people from this decade with a slight accent and guns.

EDIT: Does anyone know if they are re-airing Season 1 or if it's out on DVD?
The amount of language in Deadwood makes the sopranos look like sunday school........ lmao

I have heard it will start again in January. I really loved the series. Language takes some getting used to for sure but it is great TV for adults. Seawaves...Wild Bill died in like the 2nd or 3rd show....it was still very good after that. The plauge...calamity Jane...the preacher dying...the chinese aspect...new competitor...etc. Don't give up so soon on it and it will definately be back. The "C" word was rough but hey...turn it if u don't like it. I would not say if dropped off at all. The hour or 55 minutes flies by. And that is from a dreaded "right winger" lol :shocked

Bilodeaumj said:
What's the verdict on the F*** word? We've had running debates about whether it was a common used word back in those days. I'm on the side that it was used in such a fashion for no other reason than to convince my wife to get over the language so we can get back to watching the F***ing great series that it is...

Well it was used but not in the fashion you just did.
It was not used as a exploitive or a metaphor, it was used to literally describe the act.

If you accused someone of f**ing the dog, it was not an accusation of laziness.
So in the Gem it was probably used a lot as a business term.

Was just wondering when it would be back on another post. Regarding the profanity we know the West wasn't pioneered by Boy Scouts so keep it real.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)