Dealing with ridiculously high prices

zakharin

Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
Time was cable was $30 per month or less. Now, Cablevision has informed me that my "introductory" offer of ~$47 per month for what they, at the time, told me was their cheapest package, is about to expire. What I have now is the Family package with iO digital. The future price for this package would be near $65.

I don't have much bargaining power seeing as I live in an apartment where satellite is not allowed, so if I threaten to cancel service, I risk losing it completely. How safe and/or effective would it be for me to try this tactic? Is there anything else I can do, or do I have to turn in my cable box and live with just Family package with no digital for the same already high price of $47?

Thanks in advance

zakharin, you mention you were previously with Time-Warner. Did you move or are they still an option in your area? If not, and you don't to pursue DT's satellite suggestion, is FIOS (Verizon) available to you? Do you have any IPTV carriers in your area?

I was never with Time Warner. I guess "time was" is a bit of a confusing idiom. I was actually with Comcast and that was a number of years ago. I also do not qualify for having a dish under the linked article since I have no balcony or similar area. FIOS is not available to me. I am in central New Jersey and am unaware of any IPTV carriers. Thanks anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)