Dear Friends... (A Note about the Sling Adapter Promotion)

dwarren2
avast will not hinder your sling as its not installed on the 722 . i have not installed a 722 sling but with normal sling it needs some ports forward from the router and my gess is thats what the dish link was doing but your pc firewall was blocking the ports

costanzas_wallet said:
Question: Will I still be able to watch TV2 on my second TV? Or does the sling take TV2's place?

I was wondering the same thing. Googled around. I think that if the Sling is active tv2 gets a screensaver. Otherwise you can still watch tv2. Is that correct everyone?

Just ordered mine via chat as well. told I wanted to take advantage of the sling adapter promo, she said sure and I had no problems with the order. Was given a confirmation number only. Told I didnt need anything else for the rebate that it would show up on dish.com in 45 days. I did a print chat and emailed to myself as well to keep as proof when I need to argue about the rebate.

No you need at 200 or up, I dont think DISH America Silver qualifies.

This is what the CSR confirmed to me via chat. I've saved the transcript so that I don't have any problems but it didn't seem like he really knew much about the promotion. I hope I don't get screwed over with this order!

Welcome to DISH Network Chat.
J: Hello XXX!

J: How may I help you today?

Me: Hi XXX! How are you?

J: I am good!

J: How about you?

Me: Fine thanks.

Me: My coworker informed me about a special offer that he received on a Sling Adapter today and I'm interested in getting the same offer. Can you please assist me with this?

Me: Are you familiar with the promotion?

J: I will help you with that.

Me: Ok thanks

J: You are welcome.

J: For security purposes, would you please verify the last four digits of the Social Security Number on the account?

Me: XXX

J: Thank you.
J: With a Sling Adapter purchase you may be eligible for a $99 online rebate after paying for your second month of service. To redeem go to DISHNetwork.com, and request your rebate between 45 and 75 days after installation.

J: Your receiver must be connected to broadband internet.
You agree to allow DISH Network to send you email regarding special offers and promotions.

J: It was wonderful chatting with you! Do you have any more questions for me?

Me: Can you confirm that I am eligible for the rebate?

J: One moment please.

Me: Also, my friend said that when he called in they said they would charge his account $99 and then apply a credit for $99 in the same period since he is already an existing customer

J: One moment please.

Me: Ok sure

J: Thank you.

J: You can purchase the sling adapter within the offer period (May 18, 2011 - January 31, 2012) to become eligible for this rebate.

J: Is there anything else I may assist you with?

Me: No - so just to clarify, because I am purchasing within the offer period, I am eligible for the promotion?

J: That is correct.

Me: Will I see a charge of $99 on my account and then a corresponding credit of $99?

J: Your rebate will be processed between 45 and 75 days after installation.

Me: Ok and that will be reflected on my bill? I won't need to do anything else after the order, correct?

J: Yes, you are right.

Me: Excellent - thanks for the confirmation XXX

J: Thank you for chatting with DISH Network, have a wonderful night!

Sling adapter has arrived. Ordered on Wed, delivered via UPS this afternoon. You still need to go to profile follow the instuctions to go to Dish Remote access and download the plugin. I'm getting stream speed of approx 2200-2300 kpbs. Picture quality is so so, but the main use will be on my laptop when I'm on vacation. Then instead of hooking via the usb wireless adapter, I may spread ethernet line along the floor for a hard connection.
I already have a coax connection from my 722 to a 19" hdtv set up next to my computer. That tv is also hooked up via hdmi to my 211

Last edited:
That's what I thought. It's hooked up on broadband--AND phone line. Pabeader had me worried for a minute.....:eek:

Thanks again!

Ed

sorry about that. just a point of note: homeplug IS broadband. dishcomm is not. even though they both work on the same ac plug, they are different technologies.

the sling adapter uses the homeplug part of the connection (if you're connected that way) to get the data to the cloud.

I hope this hasn't been asked before, as I only read about 75% of this thread. I have talked to the DISH people now for 30 minutes. I was told to just order the sling adapter and that after I placed the order a link would appear that would direct me to a rebate form. I did that, but no link appeared. Now I have just spend $99 plus $7 in shipping. I called back and talked to another CSR and was told that in 45 days a link would appear on the "my account" tab that would let me apply for the rebate. Does this sound correct to you, or do I need to call back a 3rd time to battle this out?

the quality of the picture is totally dependant on your upstream link speed. according to reports, it is "up to HD quality" but hard to say because it's being shown on a computer monitor...

.....besides the upstream link. Since it plugs in via USB and takes over TV2, it is a valid question since TV2 is SD. The USB port has enough bandwidth to support true HD, but is the dish sling adapter true HD. It is not clearly stated anywhere.

The SlingboxHD itself does do true HD connected via component to the 722 or with the integrated ATSC tuner. over the LAN, it is flawless. Over the web, it varies but has a far superior picture using the slingplayer application than the web browser pug-in.

.....besides the upstream link. Since it plugs in via USB and takes over TV2, it is a valid question since TV2 is SD. The USB port has enough bandwidth to support true HD, but is the dish sling adapter true HD. It is not clearly stated anywhere.

You are confusing TV2 output and TV2 tuner. The tuner is hd, the coax output is sd.

pabeader said:
the quality of the picture is totally dependant on your upstream link speed. according to reports, it is "up to HD quality" but hard to say because it's being shown on a computer monitor...

My Sling Adapter just arrived. The box says "Tune in to HD" "Watch your favorite shows in stunning High Definition over the Internet"

I hope this hasn't been asked before, as I only read about 75% of this thread. I have talked to the DISH people now for 30 minutes. I was told to just order the sling adapter and that after I placed the order a link would appear that would direct me to a rebate form. I did that, but no link appeared. Now I have just spend $99 plus $7 in shipping. I called back and talked to another CSR and was told that in 45 days a link would appear on the "my account" tab that would let me apply for the rebate. Does this sound correct to you, or do I need to call back a 3rd time to battle this out?
If you ordered the sling adapter through the CSR, it should have been tagged correctly on your account. If not, please PM me your account information and I will verify it is on your account properly. Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts