SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 30, 2008
All,

I can not find channel 160- MTVSD.
I only have channel 160- MTVHD

Did I lose the SD version?

Also,

My guide is now a lot skinner and detailed. Anyway I can go back to the previous layout?

I looked on the first page and couldn't find any results. Isn't there a native thread for these 2 major changes?

Thanks for the help.

Edit: I have a ViP622 HD-DVR, AEP, and all the HD channels.

I should also state that I lost a lot of the SD channels.
I now only have the HD versions.

? Only a mod can close a thread.......

I wonder if the new software automatically sets it to HD.
Also, my neighbor found a glitch on his 722K, I went there this morning to see it. He has it set to HD only, but when he first goes to the guide after the overnight updates, the SD versions are there, close the guide, go back, it is as set, only HD. Stays HD till the next overnight update. He doesn't care, just found it interesting.......

The following changes have been made to ViP receivers: 722 (L676), 722k (L685), 222k (L590), and 622 (L634)

• Channel Preference: the user can now select to display only the HD version of any channel available in both HD and SD
  • HDMI Detect: sets the video resolution to the highest supported by the customers TV, Channel Preference to ‘HD Only’, and the Guide Format to the ‘Small Text – 6 Row setting when the receiver detects that it is connected to the TV using an HDMI cable
  • Favorites List Name Changes: the default DISH created Favorites Lists on the receiver will be changed to the following:
    • All Available = All Chan
    • My Channels = All Sub
    • My HD Channels = All HD
  • Dish Platinum can now be accessed from the top menu moving Midnight Lounge and My Media down. My Media can now be accessed by scrolling down to number 6 or pressing "6" on the remote.

Yes the new s/w does make it "HD only" when it's connected via HDMI cable

Personally, I think this was a bad move from DISH, along with the move to remove the option to have a guide without video. Don't get me wrong, I like that they added more options and re-worded current options, but I don't like that they took away other options and also changed people's current settings. Unless maybe there is some sort of technological limitation that keeps the receiver from remembering those particular settings in the software transition, I think that they should have just left the guide the way it was before and let the user find out for themselves that they can change these options. I believe there will be a lot more than just OP asking the same questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)