Dear Friends... (A Note about the Sling Adapter Promotion)

I talked to 3 different CSRs.

First knew what I was talking about but hung up on me.
Second one had no idea what I was talking about and kept telling me that I was 'lucky' because I have a 722 and could use the adapter (then hung up on me!)
The last CSR told me she didn't know about it, then that it was for new customers only, then finally after going to speak with her supervisor twice, sold me an adapter. I asked if I'd get a confirmation number and she said no. Then 5 seconds later she said, here is your reference number... lol.

It'll probably be easier if you wait a few days as suggested, but I was impatient so dealt with the confusion.

For $99, we can deal with a little hassle. ;) I have to wonder about this promotion, though. Do you suppose Sling Adapters have heretofore sold really slowly?

The only ones who really purchased them were SatelliteGuys users... the adapters have never really been advertised (until now) in fact at Team Summit we were told that DISHSTORE.NET sold more adapters then anyone else.

So they show their gratitude by cutting Claude out of this promotion? :(
Yup :( But of well, at least the customers are getting a good deal on a great product.

I couldnt see how they would do the rebate and marketing email thing through the retailers anyways.

Just ordered via chat. At first got the new customers only response. Overall a pleasant experience even though I had to wait a few minutes while the rep confirmed the offer.

Me: I'd like to order a Sling adapter under the current $99 gift card promotion?
Dish: I would like to inform you that, this promotion is for new customers.
Me: That is not corect. It is available for existing if asked for - check with your supervisor.
Dish: Okay.
Dish: Thank you for your time.
Dish: As you have been a wonderful customer of Dish Network, I will offer you this promotion.

Sling adapters must be purchased within the offer period (May 18, 2011 - January 31, 2012).

seems to be working for existing customers as well. you need to give them a cc/debit to pay as they will not charge it to your account. hopefully, they won't screw around with the rebates.

Last edited:
It says minimum top 200. Is dish America gold more than top 200?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using SatelliteGuys

From an outsider perspective (I dont have Dish) I see that that promo goes untill the end of the year, looks like a long promo period. Would you guys think with the blockbuster/sling part of the promo that they are looking at makeing a nice dent in new subs. New customers of course is the name of the game, just wondering if they are really putting more into this being its sling/blockbuster and a pretty long promo?

Just wondering..

i just had a customer that was existing come in to buy the 922 but told him he might want to try the sling vs the extra fees on 922 and it might be free so we got on chat and the dishnetwork person sead no problem just order it and apply for the discount we saved the chat and took print screen img of the chat and his online order and send it to his email just to be safe.

Just emailed Internally: All- Based on many questions regarding the Sling Adapter Training we wanted to take moment to clarify: The offer is for New Customers Customer will receive an email reminder at 45 days to complete the online redemption form The rebate will come in the form of a $99 prepaid Master Card The rebate will be sent to the customer’s address within 4-8 weeks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts