Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Dear Friends,

I write this to you today proud of the fact that we were one of the few on line forums which let fans of Blu-ray and HDDVD duke it out. Our members for the most part were well behaved in their discussion and opinions in this format battle. I personally was proud of our War Zone and was proud to offer it to you our members.

Unfortunately like it or not Blu-ray seems to have won the battle. When Toshiba announced it was giving up on HDDVD we here at SatelliteGuys announced that we were closing this War Zone forum. The closing date for the War Zone forum was to be March 31st.

However due to your feedback I am happy to announce that the War Zone has been given a pardon and will remain an open disucssion area as part of SatelliteGuys.US.

We thank you for acting grown up enough over the "war" so that we could offer you this unique forum, a forum that no other forum our size would even think about having open.

We hope you find the decision acceptable and again thank you for your support.

Scott, the end of HD DVD's will live on for awhile longer it seems. Seems what's good for the consumer, (VOOM, HD DVD), fall to the wayside, while a more-best for business-product or service takes them down. The powers that be that make the decisions make them from poll data-give 'em what they want-mentality, and then they wonder why cd sales are down, movie ticket sales are down, hmmm? We call these decision makers IROC's,
idiots right out of college, and they are looking for the quick buck then move on. We need HD (full) service into our homes and a consumer friendly (ease of use/$) HD DVD players and they have been taken from us.
I WANT MY HDV !

The patient's got a terminal prognosis, but bargains abound and those that don't mind having the next betamax or laserdisc on their hands can get some good content on the cheap.

I've got a Duo player that now makes me format neutral in my HD purchases. I'll keep gobbling up HD DVDs as long as they make them and the price is right....

Thats right! Lets party!

[youtube]Dp-rlnIekw8[/youtube]

Last edited:
The patient's got a terminal prognosis, but bargains abound and those that don't mind having the next betamax or laserdisc on their hands can get some good content on the cheap.

I've got a Duo player that now makes me format neutral in my HD purchases. I'll keep gobbling up HD DVDs as long as they make them and the price is right....

Darn straight. I have doubled the size of my collection, and am looking at getting a 1080p player for under $70. :up :up

The prognosis may be terminal, but I suspect I have a more then a few years to live ;)

Not bad, I commend the Satguys mods for generally being different from every other forum out there.

While I dont think its a BD vs HDDVD deal anymore, Im glad to see everyone still has a say.

Darn straight. I have doubled the size of my collection, and am looking at getting a 1080p player for under $70. :up :up

The prognosis may be terminal, but I suspect I have a more then a few years to live ;)
Me to I've added over 50 to my collection, over half of them for $2.30 shipped using the google checkout trick. Now I got to start watching them.:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)