Debit or Credit Card?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You can use a debit card, imo you're better off using a cc if available. Auto pay does have benefits, but is not a requirement for service.

The only thing I like about using a debit card is they send you a bill 2 weeks before they charge your card so you can fight charges if you don't agree.

When you use credit card they charge your card and send invoice out at the same time.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My general tip: Always use credit, never use debit. First, you get much more robust federal protections against fraud/disputes with credit. Second, credit isn't directly linked to your bank account -- you aren't out the money while things are resolved -- the credit card credit company credits your account and fights on your behalf.

That being said, if you have reasons, it's up to you.

The only thing I like about using a debit card is they send you a bill 2 weeks before they charge your card so you can fight charges if you don't agree.

When you use credit card they charge your card and send invoice out at the same time.

I didn't know that. I was under the assumption it had to do with paperless billing vs paper.

You still get an actual statement in pdf with paperless billing, it still comes a week or two pre due date, and with auto pay it says your card on file will automatically be billed this amount on or before this date. I personally usually make "one time payments" whenever i get the emails, and autopay never actually goes through (as i have a 0 balance when the date rolls around). Never once got double charged.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

You still get an actual statement in pdf with paperless billing, it still comes a week or two pre due date, and with auto pay it says your card on file will automatically be billed this amount on or before this date. I personally usually make "one time payments" whenever i get the emails, and autopay never actually goes through (as i have a 0 balance when the date rolls around). Never once got double charged.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

I never get an email with a PDF bill. Mine is just laid out in the email. So no need to log in to see charges and credits.

If you're considering using a debit card, you may as submit to auto payments from checking account. Routing and transit number.

It is weird, I use a credit card for my autopay and Directv charges the card the moment the statement is generated, in fact the payment is shown on the statement.

So if there is an error I'm out of luck until the next statement. Only company I've ever seen do it that way, but whatever...the bill is paid and I don't have to worry about it till my credit card statement posts.

It is weird, I use a credit card for my autopay and Directv charges the card the moment the statement is generated, in fact the payment is shown on the statement.

So if there is an error I'm out of luck until the next statement. Only company I've ever seen do it that way, but whatever...the bill is paid and I don't have to worry about it till my credit card statement posts.
Yes it is true your billed is paid, but using debit it is also paid, without interest charges, that credit cards will apply.

I dont pay my credit card company, in fact they pay me 2% for allowing them the privilege of paying my bill, and allow me a month to pay them back so to speak.

Yes it is true your billed is paid, but using debit it is also paid, without interest charges, that credit cards will apply.

If a credit card is charging you interest, you're not using it correctly. The correct way to use one is to stay within 10% of your credit limit and pay in full every month.

Good answers guys, I will lean towards Debit. Mainly I have not credit cards, and do not want any.

You're going to regret not wanting any, you need to build credit to be able to get a decent mortgage and a decent auto loan.

I dont pay my credit card company, in fact they pay me 2% for allowing them the privilege of paying my bill, and allow me a month to pay them back so to speak.

Yep, sounds like you're doing it right, pay everything with the credit card then just pay that one bill in full every month. Thing is, one needs really really good credit to be able to do this with all of their bills and not just a few of them. In order to stay within 10% of your limit and pay all your bills you need a credit card with a limit that is nearly 10 times your monthly income. This is why I would go with a classic green American Express CHARGE card, since it has no limit, only bad thing about it is the annual fee.

If you want to pay out a new plasma TV over time get a personal loan, chances are it will have lower interest than using a credit card.

I've never been able to get a credit card, my identity was stolen and being used before I ever turned 18 and over the past 12 years it has proved impossible to do anything about it, every time I get something that isn't mine removed, something new shows up. I've looked into secured cards, but as long as new collection accounts that are not mine keep showing up on my credit a secured card isn't really going to help any.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)