Dec 16th Retailer Chat Report

Still nothing else new, talking about DHP still.

$200 activation fee for customers who don't want to give Dish their SSN.

Scott Greczkowski said:

only a no promo cash and carry new cutomers

Scott Greczkowski said:

$200??? I assume that's just for DHP customers?

Why does any business need a SSN if you're doing CC autopay and they have your CC number? With identity theft such a huge problem these days, many are reluctant to give our their SSN.

Why does any business need a SSN if you're doing CC autopay and they have your CC number? With identity theft such a huge problem these days, many are reluctant to give our their SSN.

Credit cards can be cancelled or changed, SS# sticks with you a little better and helps dealers get their money if you cancel too soon .. or try to skip out on the deal.

928gt said:

Credit cards can be cancelled or changed, SS# sticks with you a little better and helps dealers get their money if you cancel too soon .. or try to skip out on the deal.

OK, I can see it if you're getting subsidized equipment, but no reason to if you purchase your equipment outright.

OK, I can see it if you're getting subsidized equipment

Scott Greczkowski wrote:

This is concerning DHP ONLY, i.e. subsidized equipment.... I think ?

There will be a retailer tech chat next week to talk about the 522/322 as dealers are having trouble installing those units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)