Dec 31-the locals go away-Hearst Owned Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ScottChez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
Its been about Two years since the last Dispute. Hearst is in many Cities.

Guess that means an other round of FREE LCC . USB OTA Turners for everyone impacted

Now extended til Jan 3rd

"DIRECTV and Hearst Television Inc., WDSU’s parent company, are currently negotiating a renewal of the retransmission consent agreement for the carriage of Hearst broadcast stations on DIRECTV’s systems. The current agreement, which was set to expire at midnight on December 31, 2019, has been extended until 3pm (Eastern Time) on January 3, 2020."

My parents have Directv and ABC 7 KOAT ABQ is out so I brought rabbit ears over for them this afternoon.
Local CBS was out this past summer.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using the SatelliteGuys app!

My local in Lancaster PA is out. I called Directv told them my local Hearst station was removed due to contract dispute and requested a LCC. The rep started reading a prepared statement telling me Hearst and AT&T are having contract negotiations and I should not worry because AT&T is taking this matter very serious. I told the rep I was aware of this and that is why I am requesting a LCC. They seemed confused so I said Local Channel Connector. The rep looked it up then told me for my suffering AT&T could offer a LCC. We look the long way home but finally got there. It wont ship until Tuesday though. That kind of sucks. They do verify you are in a disputed area and that you can actually receive the signal OTA.

I wanted to check my free LCC OTA order, guess what ATT web site for Order is down right now.
This page is just for order status. You must call to order.
They must have a lot of people ordering.
It is free. Just call.

Reactions: dennispap
Reports are that they reached an agreement and the channels are back on today (or are in the process of being turned back on). Sure didn't last long, someone blinked quick once the channels were actually pulled.

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts