DECA + New Install Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RedWings

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Leesburg, VA
Had my service installed last weekend and according to the installer they didn't send the right parts to hook up the DECA. So he had them ship me the parts.

I have a SWM setup with MRV. There is an 8 port switch where all coax ends. 2 HR-24s and 2 H24s.

After looking at a bunch of diagrams online of the DECA setups, I was under the impression I'd get a DECA adapter like the one below plus the power adapter.

DECA1MR01_zoom.jpg

What I ended up getting was the adapter below. I haven't seen this before so I did some searching w/o much luck. Based on what I read, it will work with my setup, but I just wanted to make sure. It does have a power adapter that is not pictured.

So i'll plug the Ethernet wire coming from my router into the adapter. Then run a coax from the adapter to the switch (Installer showed me which port/connection to use). From there I should be fine? Or is this the wrong part?

Why do I only see the white ones when I search around?

IMAG0543.jpg

IMAG0545.jpg

IMAG0546.jpg

The white DECA adapters are what was used before the "DECA Broadband Adapter" became available. Now they call them the "Cinema Connection Kit." They gave you the right thing, congrats!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts