Decades, Start TV, MeTV, H&I, Story TV all on Frndly TV

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
For those that do not have Weigel channels in their area, now there is a streaming option for most of these stations, only Movies! & METV+ aren't included, but Frndly TV now has H&I, Start TV, Metv, Decades, & Story TV. It isn't free ($6.99 for SD, $8.99 for HD & DVR), but still an option. We have a Weigel station here with all of the channels, but if we didn't I would pick up Frndly TV.

For those that do not have Weigel channels in their area, now there is a streaming option for most of these stations, only Movies! & METV+ aren't included, but Frndly TV now has H&I, Start TV, Metv, Decades, & Story TV. It isn't free ($6.99 for SD, $8.99 for HD & DVR), but still an option. We have a Weigel station here with all of the channels, but if we didn't I would pick up Frndly TV.
My roku tv gets most of these. I get cozi,grit,laff ,movies, h&i, metv,antennae, decades,start, and thistv.

This is all free with the F2vtv app

Reactions: norman881
Just realized I did not mention that this is a Roku specific thing. They must have a specific deal with these channel distributors.

Catamount

My roku tv gets most of these. I get cozi,grit,laff ,movies, h&i, metv,antennae, decades,start, and thistv.

When they shut down Locast, Reason bought my Roku Express for $20 dollars the next day. I like my OTA stations but where I live only get 6 diginets besides the big 6 networks. F2View is an Over the Air channel dream. Now if they would only get these ones on there, Get TV,Story TV,Quest TV,Court TV,MeTV+,ION Mystery,FNX,etc they would have almost all. Here are 30 OTA thats on F2V.
1.Ace TV,2.Antenna TV,3.Binge TV,4.Charge,5.Circle TV,6.Classic Reruns TV,7.Comet TV,8.Cozi TV,9.Decades,10.Defy TV,11.Dove TV,12.FeTV,13.Grit,14.Heartland TV,15.H&I,16.Laff TV,17.Metv,18.Movies TV,19.NBCLX,20.Outside TV,21.Retro TV,22.Rev'n TV,23.Rewind TV,24.Stadium,25.Start TV,26.TBD TV,27.The Grio,28.This TV,29.TueReal,30.WeatherNation.

If people ever notice theres a OTA channel that matches ever cable channel out there.

Reactions: catamount
I just downloaded the F2vtv app and noticed that it has feTV which is a cable network, not over the air, and PBS via MPT (Maryland Public Television).

Unlike frndlyTV, the owner of the F2vtv app most likely doesn't have any agreements with the networks it is streaming. feTV's website doesn't list this as carrier. PBS also isn't permitting their streaming feed out so easily. At least Local BTV has a message that it's under negotiations.

Another issue besides dvr, and epg is no closed captioning support.

I just downloaded the F2vtv app and noticed that it has feTV which is a cable network, not over the air, and PBS via MPT (Maryland Public Television).

Unlike frndlyTV, the owner of the F2vtv app most likely doesn't have any agreements with the networks it is streaming. feTV's website doesn't list this as carrier. PBS also isn't permitting their streaming feed out so easily. At least Local BTV has a message that it's under negotiations.

But it is free. F2vtv has agreements with their special channels. The rest stream elsewhere for free anyway.

Ahh but you have to look a little closer its even a ota broadcast station. In fact the company owns 3 broadcast stations and also radio stations so they probably are a secondary subchannel diginet. It shows the family also owns world harvest television. Here are a couple of websites you need to check out for the station.
TV and Radio Stations under tv and radio stations and their wikimedia page. Family Broadcasting Corporation - Wikipedia
Most likely they are branching out for more viewers and money.

Last edited:
But it is free. F2vtv has agreements with their special channels. The rest stream elsewhere for free anyway.
I need to know if there is a direct android app that doesn't require a Roku to get all these?
I have a Note 8 I can hook directly to a tv monitor via a USB-c to hdmi cable. Thanks

I need to know if there is a direct android app that doesn't require a Roku to get all these?
I have a Note 8 I can hook directly to a tv monitor via a USB-c to hdmi cable. Thanks
Not that I know of. F2V TV comes from Canada and that probably how he has agreements with Roku and the channels he offers apparently and does not have an app anywhere else.

not anymore
(6/13/2022):
"Free2View TV no longer has the ability to provide OTA streaming channels, EXCLUSIVES category has been deleted."
(The "Exclusives" section is where the Weigel channels had been located before they were removed.)

• Sad
Reactions: TNGuy84
not anymore
(6/13/2022):
"Free2View TV no longer has the ability to provide OTA streaming channels, EXCLUSIVES category has been deleted."
(The "Exclusives" section is where the Weigel channels had been located before they were removed.)
Yes, the vast majority of what Free2View TV carries now are the regular streaming channel diginets, that are elsewhere for free like Comet, Buzzr, Charge!.

If they added METV+ I’d pay in a minute.
I heard back from Frndly TV and was told they would pass my suggestion on to programming, but at this time they do not have plans to add METV+. I have no idea why they don't, then they would have all of the Weigel networks. I would think this would be a good selling point. Don't have the Weigel channels in your area, get Frndly TV.
We are lucky here on the Northern Oregon Coast that has all of the networks.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)