YTTV DVR Issue

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I’m only in my 4th day of a 21 day free trial. I’ve set the DVR to record most of the shows that I watch. So far it’s worked great. But tonight I noticed one of the shows I recorded at 8pm and 9pm aren’t showing up in the “new in your library” section. I had The Challenge on MTV scheduled for back to back recordings tonight. I even checked earlier this evening to make sure I had them scheduled and they were. So why aren’t they showing up? Shouldn’t every new recording show up in that section of my library?

Well I found the first episode in my library under “shows” tab. Why wouldn’t it be listed under “new in your library”? That’s going to make things confusing if every new show doesn’t appear under “new in your library”.

Well I found the first episode in my library under “shows” tab. Why wouldn’t it be listed under “new in your library”? That’s going to make things confusing if every new show doesn’t appear under “new in your library”.
Just look under shows from now on.

Just look under shows from now on.

That’s not a good solution. There’s a ton of shows with multiple episodes under “shows”. I record a lot of shows and if the new recordings aren’t under the new in my library section I’ll most likely miss them. What’s the purpose of the new in my library section if only random shows appear there?

That’s not a good solution. There’s a ton of shows with multiple episodes under “shows”. I record a lot of shows and if the new recordings aren’t under the new in my library section I’ll most likely miss them. What’s the purpose of the new in my library section if only random shows appear there?
Over on Reddit, there is someone posting there who claims he works for the software team at YTTV, I tend to believe him because he was also posting about DD+ and the new guide, including the date when they were to appear ( this was a few months ago and he was correct).

He has posted they are working on making the DVR more user friendly, more like Traditional Providers, but it takes time because of all the other companies patents, they do not wish to violate them, a month ago he posted they will have it done by the end of the year at the latest.

Reactions: DaveKL69
Over on Reddit, there is someone posting there who claims he works for the software team at YTTV, I tend to believe him because he was also posting about DD+ and the new guide, including the date when they were to appear ( this was a few months ago and he was correct).

He has posted they are working on making the DVR more user friendly, more like Traditional Providers, but it takes time because of all the other companies patents, they do not wish to violate them, a month ago he posted they will have it done by the end of the year at the latest.
Yeah, Google doesn't want to have to license any patents for this when they are barely making any money on it.

Yeah, Google doesn't want to have to license any patents for this when they are barely making any money on it.
Actually, according to the same insiders at Reddit, Google is making a profit on YTTV, not because of the monthly fee which is just enough to cover the channel fees, but on targeted advertising, those 2 minutes they get pays a lot I guess.

Actually, according to the same insiders at Reddit, Google is making a profit on YTTV, not because of the monthly fee which is just enough to cover the channel fees, but on targeted advertising, those 2 minutes they get pays a lot I guess.
Well, at least they are making that money now. When I first got it, there were no ads in those slots. Hopefully that means the platform will stick around for a while for those who want it.

Reactions: DaveKL69
Hopefully, they are working on shows marked as new and repeats. Also, once you watch a show, you neeed to be able to delete it from your library. Pay the patient fees or go under.

Hopefully, they are working on shows marked as new and repeats. Also, once you watch a show, you neeed to be able to delete it from your library. Pay the patient fees or go under.
Well, they're still adding subs right now, so not in immediate danger of going under really, especially when the alternatives either cost a lot more or have similar usability issues.

IMG_3272.jpg

Went to a game in my library that I only watched for a few minutes earlier today. Isn’t there a way to start from the beginning? Only options I have are watch key plays and resume from last watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)