December free preview. - AMC+

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

worstman1

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 28, 2010
SW Michigan, USA
Ok so I didn't get the December preview list up.

But I just noticed on my internet connected 722k that AMC+ is live on Ch 294. I don't see any guide info yet, but there is something playing when I tuned to it.

It is supposed to last through December 19.

The dish preview page says you need a Hopper or Wally to receive.

So this is a free preview channel, eh? I looked at their schedule and saw nothing new or interesting that might have appealed to me. What happens after the free preview? Does this channel end up in the higher tiers or does Dish plan to charge for it separately?

So this is a free preview channel, eh? I looked at their schedule and saw nothing new or interesting that might have appealed to me. What happens after the free preview? Does this channel end up in the higher tiers or does Dish plan to charge for it separately?

As I said right above your post if you can see. You have to go to 296-03 to get the on-demand stuff.

... What happens after the free preview? Does this channel end up in the higher tiers or does Dish plan to charge for it separately?
Looks like it is available from Dish as an on-demand subscription for $6.99 a month.
AMC is running a holiday special right now for stand alone streaming for $1.99 a month for one year (you have to sign up for a full year).

Hey!

DISH is running a free preview for AMC+, 12/12/21-12/20/21. You should be able to watch the live stream preview on channel 294 with any Internet connected receiver, but for the full OnDemand content for the subscription channel you will need an Internet connected Wally or Hopper family receiver.

You can view more information about the AMC+ On Demand Subscription here: MyDISH .

Reactions: charlesrshell
OK, I'll bite, what's the problem?
Give it a try. Every time i try to sign up for that $1.99 promotion i receive a not available in my location. Using VPN, I tried signing up in other parts of the US, Australia, Canada, England, and Germany all with the same result. I have no idea where that $1.99 promotion is available.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I just tried it again and keep getting that geographical restriction saying it isn't available in my area. Can you tell me what state you're in so i can switch my IP address and try it again?
Mississippi.

I signed up using Firefox, and I just verified that it appears to work with Chrome as well. At what step are you being blocked?

Mississippi.

I signed up using Firefox, and I just verified that it appears to work with Chrome as well. At what step are you being blocked?
I was able to sign up. For some reason i wasn't able to when using Opera, but I switched to Firefox and that did it. thanks.

1.99 a month is a pretty decent deal for what you get. I wouldn't pay the 6.99 a month that the Dish CSR told me it would cost.

So, it looks like the AMC+ free preview on Dish has ended. I recorded 20+ gig of stuff from the VOD channel. I watched some of it during the preview. All of it says I have about 20 days to watch or finish watching it, but it says expired when I try to watch it now.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
The Cinemax / HBO preview has started thru December 31.
Cinemax Ch 307-309
HBO Max Ch 310-315

I only have a 722k so I don't know what is available thru an internet connected Hooper.

Happy holidays

Reactions: sktrus and TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts