Deciding on staying with dish or leaving....need suggestions

Mountainman2292

Original poster
Jul 19, 2016
South carolina
My contract with dish is once again complete since last month and My wife and I have been going back and forth on which route to take so I thought I would get on here and get your opinions. I have been with dish for a long time and recently asked them what kind of a deal i could get with re-upping for another 2 years and basically it was 15.00 off fro 10 months and since i wanted the h3 i would also have to add in the protection plan for a free install.Which than really after adding in the protection plan at 8.00 I would only be saving 7.00 for 10 months I also wanted the everything pack so I could get all the movie channels. To me that's not even worth it . I recently bought a new truck and its why i am trying to save a little money. My local phone company just sent me a offer to bundle the direct with their everything pkg, with my phoneand i could save a whole lot for 2 years, which would be about 60 -70 dollars a month savings compared to what am now paying with dish. We really like dish ,but the savings may be the deciding factor. After a few weeks of going back and forth I am ready to pull the trigger one way or the other. Just seeking advice and some other peoples perspectives. Thanks in advance

Really like dish, but the offer they gave me really doesn't turn out to be much of a savings. I had direct once and we really didn't care for them. I may end up bitting the bullet and going with them due to the savings. If dish would have come close I wouldn't even be deciding. Thanks for replying

I guess it is all in what is important to you. To me once out of promo status direct and dish have very comparable prices on equivalent channels. I got ticked off at dish a few years ago and switched to direct for two years but am now back with dish. Even if dish were $10-$15 a month more I would stay with dish because to me anyway the Hopper 3 and joeys are leaps and bounds ahead of the Genie.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have about 250 movies on one ext HD and another 1 TB ext HD almost full of tv shows that I have not seen yet. Only watch TV maybe 3-4 hours in the evenings, so it would take me two years to just watch what I have recorded. I like Dish, but could not leave them. They have me hooked. I am either going to have to start watching ext HD stuff or buy anther ext HD soon.
I got 42 Olympic programs on my main HD now. Each about 3 hours long. Luckily I can fast forward thru a 3 hour program in about one hour.

It is a personal thing, you and the wife know your viewing interests. For $5/mo. you can pause your subscription and try something else..

Don't forget you don't need to keep the protection plan for the entire 10 months. Heck, if you drop it immediately after the install, the cancellation penalty would only amount to about 4 months of paying for it, so you would still save the $15/mo for at least 6 months.

Reactions: TheKrell
The bundling with DTV and UVerse INet could save you a lot. I just switched and will be saving almost $40/month on every day prices. My savings over promos is even higher! That savings will more than cover the cost of Sunday Ticket which is a must for me if I'm on DTV.

Thanks all, I just sent one last message to the dirt member I have been chatting with to see if dish will match or come close, att offered me a savings of 40 a month over dish. So if I can't get close than I will have no choice. Thanks again for all the opinions.

You need to look at the savings over a two-year span. The first year of 40 dollars a month savings will disappear then you would have a year of full price, which may or may not be higher than your current Dish bill. Average those out and see if the total savings is still much more than the $150 you'd save with the Dish offer. If the difference is minimal, would it be worth the hassle of switching?

You need to look at the savings over a two-year span. The first year of 40 dollars a month savings will disappear then you would have a year of full price, which may or may not be higher than your current Dish bill. Average those out and see if the total savings is still much more than the $150 you'd save with the Dish offer. If the difference is minimal, would it be worth the hassle of switching?

If bundling with UVerse Internet you can get a two-year price lock with DTV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I'm a new customer looking at either DTV or DISH, I'd probably choose DISH's 2-year price lock since I wouldn't have to bundle internet to get it. I'm satisfied with the 50Mb service and price I'm getting now and wouldn't want to downgrade to a bundled 24Mb service.

Reactions: Tampa8
If I'm a new customer looking at either DTV or DISH, I'd probably choose DISH's 2-year price lock since I wouldn't have to bundle internet to get it. I'm satisfied with the 50Mb service and price I'm getting now and wouldn't want to downgrade to a bundled 24Mb service.

And you can't overlook asking for a discounted price by calling your Internet provider. If they have competition they very well may, I get a good price both from Charter in CT and Brighthouse in Fl for 50MB.

I pay $72 for my internet connection which is more than my Dish TV package. I can get ATT internet, Directv, and a home phone for $89 per month, but it does not say what the price will be after the contract is up. Anyone know?

I assume you have Cox now? Have you asked to get a discount to stay with them?
Without knowing any specifics it is impossible to know. What package are they giving you for that price? How much are they charging for the phone service? (it is almost always much less and with better features to get a separate VOIP phone service.) And what speed internet? If it is like other present Directv deals it will last for 12 months then increase alot. So knowing exactly how much it is after that would be important. If it should last two years and it has the channels etc you want it could be worth it and then decide in two years what to do.

I pay $72 for my internet connection which is more than my Dish TV package. I can get ATT internet, Directv, and a home phone for $89 per month, but it does not say what the price will be after the contract is up. Anyone know?

Would be impossible to say without knowing what tv package, number of receivers, Internet speed, and other specifics to your deal. If you fill in your info on the ATT website it should tell you what discounts you have applied. Once the promo expires those discounts will go away and that will be your normal monthly bill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts