Decision time!

smackman1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
north louisiana
Okay I admit my knowledge of HD DVD vs Blu Ray is minimal. Is there any reason why I would chose Blu Ray over HD DVD? My understanding is most HD DVD players will also upconvert a "normal" DVD to near HD quality. The Toshibas I am looking at do. Will a Blu Ray player do thia? Better yet, Will a Blu ray play a regular DVD at all? Here is my equipment;

WS-55517 RPTV Mistubishi. I do have A HDMI hookup which I plan to use for my DVD player I am about to purchase.
Onyko 790s hooked up 5.1 I do not video switching just audio.
Dish HD 622 receiver hooked up component to TV.
A piece of crap DVD player thats 480i output only.(Now you see why I am fixing to upgrade).

What do yall believe is best and where to purchase for best deal? I am looking forward to replies from the DVD experts. Thank you.

Exactly as Jag said. I am a BD supporter b/c it is hands down a better technology. It may not be as far along as HD DVD yet, but w/i the next year it will be better by far. The only problem with BD right now is price and the fact that so many people online absolute hate sony for some reason. But buy the format that has the movies you want to watch. If I only had one to buy then BD would def be what i would choose as in the long run it will be the better purchase.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)