dedicated G10R

Status
Please reply by conversation.

john green

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Georgia
New question gang.I have searched but have not found the set up I want.My SG2100 can only see as far as 121 before my house gets in the way.I want to dedicate my Direcpc dish for 123.Using QPH-031 on the Wingard into Diseqc switch for the motor,what is the best way to run the coax from the dedicated dish ? Diseqc is between LNB and motor at this time.I assume it has to be that way ?

Best thing to do is run the cable to the switch and put the switch between the motor and the motorized LNB

Recdeiver-------motor-----diseqc switch-----motorized dish
------------------------------------------------fixed dish

Just set your motor settings for G10 to “off” or “disable”

I have the same issue with one of my motorized setups..can only see to 115 before it hits house.

Unless you already have a QPH-031 I would suggest getting the QPF-031, then you would be able to use the 120mm flange to bolt the LNB onto the DirecPC feedhorn. You may get better results that way as the feedhorn you have is designed for the exact shape of the DirecPC dish!

Iceberg said:
Best thing to do is run the cable to the switch and put the switch between the motor and the motorized LNB

Recdeiver-------motor-----diseqc switch-----motorized dish
------------------------------------------------fixed dish

Just set your motor settings for G10 to “off” or “disable”

I have the same issue with one of my motorized setups..can only see to 115 before it hits house.
Yea that's what I thought.The only thing I missed was turning off motor setting for the G10.Will get working on it in the morning.Thanks.

PSB said:
Unless you already have a QPH-031 I would suggest getting the QPF-031, then you would be able to use the 120mm flange to bolt the LNB onto the DirecPC feedhorn. You may get better results that way as the feedhorn you have is designed for the exact shape of the DirecPC dish!
Pete, I do have the QPH-031 on my DS2076.I am setting up as Iceberg has suggested.Sorry if I didn't explain my set up very well.I am using Coolsat 4000 Pro with SG2100 & QPH-031 to track the Sats that have no obstruction.I will use my DirecPC dish with the LNB that came with it to view G10.Thanks.

Same here! I have 2-3 DirecPC dish with the original LNBF on them! Other members have reported great results with the QPF-031 upgrade, just thought I would add this for anyone else with the DirecPC/Way type dish!

I have an old DirecPC dish (got it from Pete) and it works really good (even with the factory LNB)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts