Default favorites list My Channels is a feature not a bug. You've got to be kidding me!

mdavej

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 19, 2010
Southeast
DIRT confirmed in another forum that this widely reported bug is actually the designed behavior. Every day Hopper reverts to My Channels instead of your last selected favorites list. I'm pi55ed:mad::mad::mad:. If you are too, let Dish know loud and clear. I know I'll be complaining about it and urging others to do the same as often as possible.

Thanks. Just read it. If this is truly the case, then Dish needs to change that. I need to see if the Hopper in the boys room does this.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Wow...

A 1% problem if I've ever heard of one. You're inconsolable, I'm afraid.

It literally takes 6 or less button pushes to put it back to your list.

Guide
Red Button
Down (max of 3 times)
Select

I'm afraid people will complain about something if they're left with nothing to complain about.

Sorry, I disagree. I expect to turn on my TV and see everything how I left it. Why should I need to do 6 button presses every morning?

Thankfully, I found the workaround which was to add every channel I don't desire to parental controls and have them hidden. Now there isn't a chance I will order PPV. :rolleyes:

Doesn't seem like such a good "feature" to me.

I would consider this a major annoyance. Everyday or more have to change to my custom list?

Just another reason why Dish should be selling programming, not receivers. There are plenty of DVB receivers out there.

Haysoos said:
Wow...

Guide
Red Button
Down (max of 3 times)
Select

I'm afraid people will complain about something if they're left with nothing to complain about.

With the macro I wrote, it only takes one button press. But that's beside the point. I shouldn't have to fix a setting every day. There's no reason for a company to go out of their way to purposely annoy their customers, even if it's just 1% as you say.

Jim S. said:
Just another reason why Dish should be selling programming, not receivers. There are plenty of DVB receivers out there.

I'd argue that the overall quality of the Hopper is more than enough reason for Echostar to remain in the receiver business. But feel free to link to viable quality receivers currently available third party companies that you think Dish should use instead.

Wow...

Guide
Red Button
Down (max of 3 times)
Select

Yes, six or less button pushes is a trivial issue for you and me, who are technically inclined.

I predict that whenever this "feature" appears on my mother-in-law's ViP722, I will get no less than eleven phone calls over the span of two weeks in which I have to explain those six button presses and listen to her complaints about why it isn't working like it used to. I shouldn't be subjected to that, neither should she. Whatever state the guide was in when she walked away from it yesterday, is how it should still be when she comes back.

It should be a cardinal rule of computer programming that you don't replace something that requires little or no user action, with something that requires more user action to accomplish the same thing as before.

The guide default is not just on Hoppers, Vip's started doing this several months ago.

No, this sounds different. The VIP change only affects when you leave it on ALL channels, it then does revert to MY channels. This appears to happen possibly after the nightly update, to ANY guide you were on including your custom guides.

DIRT confirmed in another forum that this widely reported bug is actually the designed behavior. Every day Hopper reverts to My Channels instead of your last selected favorites list. I'm pi55ed:mad::mad::mad:. If you are too, let Dish know loud and clear. I know I'll be complaining about it and urging others to do the same as often as possible.

How is it a designed behavior, Dish, when it happens a) randomly, and b) only for some of your Hopper / Joeys? What a joke.

The 922 did it, and the Hopper does it. Interestingly enough since this has become a topic I've been paying more attention. My Hopper defaults to "My Recordings" during the day also. It just means something has been updated....comforting......

You're on the wrong side of this argument. And where did you get that 1% statistic? Hmm? And your "6 step" solution? That was either tongue-in-cheek, or you're a fool. Not sure which yet. I also wonder if you'd be this demeaning, toward your fellow users, if you too had to constantly apply your 6-step solution, several times a day, seemingly at random.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)