Default favorites list My Channels is a feature not a bug. You've got to be kidding me!

My fav list has also survived 3 nights of reboots. But I'm still on 207. How can this be?
Mine always defaults to "MY Recordings"....I mean "MY Channels", and I'm still with S207 also. Yet I have the new Apps or I assume they're new, I never payed any attention before the talk about them began, for all I know they may have been there from the beginning.....

I just found out something else about the guide lists. Now, if I select another list, select the channel from the list, hit the guide button again, it reverts back to my created list. It will not stay on the newly selected list.

I just found out something else about the guide lists. Now, if I select another list, select the channel from the list, hit the guide button again, it reverts back to my created list. It will not stay on the newly selected list.

What bites me is when the List is set to "The Wife" list, for example, and if I directly enter a channel number that is not on her list and then press the Guide, the Guide only shows her list and points to what was the last channel watched on her list. Not the channel I am currently watching (not on her list) and it doesn't switch to a default list such as All Channels. I have to manually switch to another list which contains the channel I am watching so that the Guide pointer points to the currently watched channel.

Oh, and could you please move (slightly to the lower right), redesign or change the pointer so that it does not block the text in the Guide. I have to move the (default - medium size) pointer to the next time block or adjacent channel in order to read the program info of interest. If you are "vison challenged" a smaller pointer is out of the question.

What bites me is when the List is set to "The Wife" list, for example, and if I directly enter a channel number that is not on her list and then press the Guide, the Guide only shows her list and points to what was the last channel watched on her list. Not the channel I am currently watching (not on her list) and it doesn't switch to a default list such as All Channels. I have to manually switch to another list which contains the channel I am watching so that the Guide pointer points to the currently watched channel.

Oh, and could you please move (slightly to the lower right), redesign or change the pointer so that it does not block the text in the Guide. I have to move the (default - medium size) pointer to the next time block or adjacent channel in order to read the program info of interest. If you are "vison challenged" a smaller pointer is out of the question.

When you are watching a channel not in your favorites list, don't press Guide to see info about that channel, Press INFO instead...... You get all the same information without your issue.

You can turn the cursor off completely. There's really no need for it since the selected item is also identified by a highlight.

To turn off the cursor, navigate to Menu/Guide Settings/Cursor and select Invisible.

You can turn the cursor off completely. There's really no need for it since the selected item is also identified by a highlight.

To turn off the cursor, navigate to Menu/Guide Settings/Cursor and select Invisible.

Ah! That's much better. I was afraid to select "invisible" in the past thinking I'd lose any indication of where I am at. Thanks.

FWIW, the cursor is a holdover from the original 922 remote that used a kind of track pad to navigate menus and the guide.

When you are watching a channel not in your favorites list, don't press Guide to see info about that channel, Press INFO instead...... You get all the same information without your issue.

Not exactly. Of course what you say is true. But, what I like to do is simply remember certain key channels that will drop me into the group of channels I generally like to watch. For example, channel 200 drops me into the beginning of news :reading: and weather :rain: channels. 300 drops me into the movie :popcorn channels, 400 into :fish2: sports, etc. From there I use the guide to see whats on the other nearby related channels. But, if the List doesn't change I only see the "Wife's List" :sleeo channels in the guide. :rant:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)