Defective Dish 508 DVR - Dish wont replace?

NorCalDave

Original poster
Mar 23, 2011
California
I've been a DN customer for over ten years and have had a 508 DVR all that time. Over the years, Dish has replaced the unit at least 4 times at no charge after they started exhibiting problems that were determined by the phone CSR to defective.

The latest unit is now freezing up - shutting down - restarting in the middle of viewing and Dish is saying this is a known problem. I told them that I wanted it replaced and they finally agreed but then added that the last units returned had all tested good and that this would be the last time they would replace it. I asked if they were accusing me of lying and why would I ask for a replacement if the units weren't defective?

WTF? Does customer loyalty mean nothing to this company?

Tested out good? This means the bad ones are shipped back out to customers!

That sounds really odd and it's the first time I've heard anybody state a CSR told them that. I'd have to think other folks have turned in units that have "tested good" multiple times and I'm sure we would've seen it posted here if that happened to them.

I've been a DN customer for over ten years and have had a 508 DVR all that time. Over the years, Dish has replaced the unit at least 4 times at no charge after they started exhibiting problems that were determined by the phone CSR to defective.

The latest unit is now freezing up - shutting down - restarting in the middle of viewing and Dish is saying this is a known problem. I told them that I wanted it replaced and they finally agreed but then added that the last units returned had all tested good and that this would be the last time they would replace it. I asked if they were accusing me of lying and why would I ask for a replacement if the units weren't defective?

WTF? Does customer loyalty mean nothing to this company?

I know I'm coming in a bit late on this one, but wanted to say sorry for the bad experience you had. If your receiver is having problems, and replacing the receiver fixes the issue, it shouldn't be a problem getting you a new receiver sent out. If you ever need anything, you can PM me and I'll get you taken care of. There is something under the 501/508's KPI (known product issue) regarding resetting itself, but the solution simply says "Front Panel Reset should correct the issue" which I find rather useless.

Also, would you mind PM'ing your phone number/account number?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)