Definitive answer about PPV on multiple receivers? DiRT?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

David Taylor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
Guys,

I've searched. I've googled. I've yet to find a definitive answer.

If I order a PPV like the McGregor-Mayweather fight on one of my receivers, will it be viewable on my other receivers? It seems like in the past I would have to order it via the website in order for it to be turned on for all receivers. Can anyone give me a definitive answer? I have VIP DVR receivers in 3 rooms of my house and would like it to play on all. If I need to order via the website I can, but it is less convenient than just clicking a couple of buttons on the remote.

Thanks in advance!

The way it used to work (and I think the way it still works) is that if you order the exact same event for the same time period on multiple receivers on the same account, then you will only be charged 1 time for that event. Maybe DIRT can chime in?

Yeah, I'd love for DiRT to chime in to confirm. It is a bit disconcerting ordering a $99 PPV on multiple TVs. Years ago, I was at a friend's house and it would only come up on the TV he ordered the fight on. He called Dish and they told him that he would have to pay for it on other TVs. After arguing they told him they'd turn it on for him that one time. It wasn't a great experience. This was probably 10 years ago so I'm hoping things have either changed, or that CSR was wrong.

I'm not sure about ordering from a receiver, but I think if you order a PPV event online you will automatically have access to it on all your receivers.

Reactions: pattykay
I have always found that ordering online gives access to the program on all your receivers while ordering on the receiver only gives access to that receiver. Thus I always order online.

If ordering online is inconvenient, can you order the event from the automated phone system? 1-877-DISH-PPV
That should work the same way as ordering online, and activate it on all of your receivers.

It isn't that ordering online is that inconvenient...I guess I just wish I could get an answer from DIRT. I don't order PPV often enough for it to be a big issue.

For sure! I'm a boxing fan and am well aware of what this is going to be. I wasn't planning to order it but my son and some of his buddies from college (only about half an hour away) were wanting to see it and I told them I'd buy it if they wanted to come out. It's easier than them trying to stream it in the dorm. Plus my wife and I get to see my son and some of his friends for the low, low price of $100. ;-)

For sure! I'm a boxing fan and am well aware of what this is going to be. I wasn't planning to order it but my son and some of his buddies from college (only about half an hour away) were wanting to see it and I told them I'd buy it if they wanted to come out. It's easier than them trying to stream it in the dorm. Plus my wife and I get to see my son and some of his friends for the low, low price of $100. ;-)

I get it. A frivolous fight of no entertainment and competitive value - $100. A few hours with the kid - priceless.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)