delay problem with remote control

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cemetery_man

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
Clearfield, PA
A couple months ago I started having problems with my TV1 remote when selecting shows on the DVR. It used to be fast but now when I select a show to start there is a slight pause and then the program starts. Or if I delete a program there is a pause until the deletion begins. I even replaced the batteries too. Is it the remote control or is it the hard drive being slow from having so many shows recorded then erased. Too bad there wasn't a way to defrag it. I have the 722.

Could be several things. Do you get the delay when also using the UHF remote?

Also, disc fragmentation is not a problem on the 722, which uses a Linux filesystem.

Same here

I just came across this thread and my issue also appeared suddenly. My issue is most notable when accessing the channel guide. At times, it can take 5-7 seconds before the channel guide will appear. Cycling through the program listings also gets slow.

I called DISH tech support and explained that the following steps were taken:

- I tried different remotes and experienced the same issue
- installed fresh batteries
- powered off and disconnected the AC for 10 minutes

As others have noted - a reset of the DVR remedies the problem "for a short time". The slowness visibly manifests itself as the day wears on.

DISH even sent a new remote but that has not helped.

ONE THING I DID NOTE - about 2 and a half weeks ago (this would put the time frame in mid-December 2011), there are times when the speed returns for now apparent reason. Then the slowness will come back again at various times. There is nothing happening such as power tools running, etc. that could contribute any sort of interference.

I also thought that perhaps the drive was too full. The message indicated that I had 38 hours of HD programming available. I deleted a number of shows and got to 48 hours of HD programming but there was no difference. However, the fact that the speed slows down and then speeds up at odd times would seem to negate drive capacity as the cause.

I suspect that there are some updates that are mucking up the performance but tech support sort of brushed my comments aside when I mentioned this.

Last edited:
I just came across this thread and my issue also appeared suddenly. My issue is most notable when accessing the channel guide. At times, it can take 5-7 seconds before the channel guide will appear. Cycling through the program listings also gets slow.

I called DISH tech support and explained that the following steps were taken:

- I tried different remotes and experienced the same issue
- installed fresh batteries
- powered off and disconnected the AC for 10 minutes

As others have noted - a reset of the DVR remedies the problem "for a short time". The slowness visibly manifests itself as the day wears on.

DISH even sent a new remote but that has not helped.

ONE THING I DID NOTE - about 2 and a half weeks ago (this would put the time frame in mid-December 2011), there are times when the speed returns for now apparent reason. Then the slowness will come back again at various times. There is nothing happening such as power tools running, etc. that could contribute any sort of interference.

I also thought that perhaps the drive was too full. The message indicated that I had 38 hours of HD programming available. I deleted a number of shows and got to 48 hours of HD programming but there was no difference. However, the fact that the speed slows down and then speeds up at odd times would seem to negate drive capacity as the cause.

I suspect that there are some updates that are mucking up the performance but tech support sort of brushed my comments aside when I mentioned this.

What model DVR do you have, the 722?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)