Blockbuster Movie Pass vs Netflix

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
I had Netflix in the past but cancelled when the prices jumped. I am now curious about Blockbuster Movie Pass(BMP) and I would like to hear opinions from anybody that is using it that had Netflix in the past. How do the two compare? Pros/Cons. BMP online experience and streaming options seems very weak compared to Netflix, am I wrong? Can BMP stream to a WII, XBOX or my Blu-ray player?

I do not have BMP because I am still on the free BMP channels for a little while longer without the Block Buster service. From what I have read on the forum it is 50/50.

For me I really do not watch much of the channels in the BMP package and watch more of the Netflix streaming on my two Rokus. It is more about what you want to watch....

Me... When my free BMP channels are up I am just going to stick with Netfilx streaming and my one or two a month Redbox rentals.

Just my two cents that might be worth one cent.

People really need to do a search on this topic before asking about this. QUOTE="mfoster711"]I had Netflix in the past but cancelled when the prices jumped. I am now curious about Blockbuster Movie Pass(BMP) and I would like to hear opinions from anybody that is using it that had Netflix in the past. How do the two compare? Pros/Cons. BMP online experience and streaming options seems very weak compared to Netflix, am I wrong? Can BMP stream to a WII, XBOX or my Blu-ray player?[/QUOTE]BBMP does
Not stream like Netflix in the sense that the only streamable library has nothing to do with Blockbuster. You cam stream from movies available on Epix, Retro, etc...

The two services are only comparable with regards to disc mailing. Some have service just as fast as Netflix, some slower. BBMP is great if you want the good slate of channels it comes with. The bonus disc that includes blu-ray and video games is nice. But the streaming isn't all that great and the interface is dated by a decade.

I actually purchased my Blueray player at Blockbuster and it has the Blockbuster logo on it for streaming.

Is the Block Buster movie pass offered by Dish, the same as the one offered on my blueray player?

No, BB on your BR player is for PPV only.

I had Netflix in the past but cancelled when the prices jumped. I am now curious about Blockbuster Movie Pass(BMP) and I would like to hear opinions from anybody that is using it that had Netflix in the past. How do the two compare? Pros/Cons. BMP online experience and streaming options seems very weak compared to Netflix, am I wrong? Can BMP stream to a WII, XBOX or my Blu-ray player?

No you are not wrong about the streaming options being weak. Although I am one who has not had any issues at all with the BBMP streaming working perfectly, the interface as mentioned before is horribly lacking. In addition, the selection is not in any way a replacement for Netflix. I still believe the Netflix streaming for $8 per month is the best value in entertainment. However, since you mentioned price as a reason you left Netflix...see this thread for some comparisons to Netflix old pricing vs. using a combo of the two services now (since I didn't want to re-type that opening post here):

http://www.satelliteguys.us/blockbu...-christmas-miracle-how-bbmp-made-netflix.html

Also, you should note that BBMP works even better for those who live near a store and can utilize the in-store exchange. While BB has the ability to ship just as quickly as Netflix (as I've experienced the one day shipping several times, although it is normally two for me) it is much more hit and miss. You also get the former Platinum channels in your BBMP subscription as well and may find that a good value in itself as a lot of us already paid $10 a month for that and got the first disc free when this offer came out.

Ultimately only you can decide if it's worth it for you...so I'd recommend giving it a shot for a month or two. But again, you absolutely will not be able to use it as a Netflix streaming replacement if you stream a lot...more like an "enhancement".

Yes, and maybe some wrong info here and more info will be gleaned by going there......

Blockbuster Movie Pass not worth it '

I tried out BMP for 1 month after cancelling (auctually putting account on Hold) Netflix.Went back to Netflix for better Programming choices.For me personally ,even with disc in the mail and former Platinium channels,Netflix is a better deal.

We had bbmp for a couple of months. We found that we just didn't watch the movies that came in the mail. They would sit for literally weeks before we would watch them because we were opting to stream tv episodes of fav shows or movies via NF. And I think we tuned in the additional channels all of twice during the entire 2 months. So for us the ability to stream spontaneously the show we wanted to watch when we wanted to watch it was a far better option than waiting 8 hours for a movie to stream to the rcvr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)