Delayed posting and double posting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
When I hit the reply button, there is a long delay for the post to happen, sometimes it just pops up and asks if I want to leave the page, then its a double post.

Using Chrome 28.

When I hit the reply button, there is a long delay for the post to happen, sometimes it just pops up and asks if I want to leave the page, then its a double post.

Using Chrome 28.
I'm using FF and whenever I hit a "Like " button it pauses for about 10 seconds before taking it.

Not sure if Scott is working on the site causing this or not .... usually its pretty snappy !

About the same 10 sec. to post as well.

Make that more like 20 seconds.

Last edited:
I had it happen yesterday as well....

Edit: in fact, it did it on this post... Not the duplicate, just 'do you want to leave this page'....

I saw this happen to me yesterday and I thought it was caused by the Christmas theme as no other changes were made.

I haven't had it happen to me today

I did clear my cache on my machine this morning as well (but for a different reason)

I believe it's "Stream Licensing" whatever that is. In fact now it is stopping me from loading the main page. And yes even giving "Likes" takes forever.

That's what it was for me, now that the player is not on the front page I am loading pages again.........

Yup the player goes through the streaming site to be legal, and looks like they are having issues which is strange since i believe their site is hosted by Amazon.

there's even a delay when clicking likes and this would be the 3rd computer i've been on today.

When you first removed the player postings were back to normal, now they are delaying again. I can not post from my Chrome browser, the reply box is there but not fully and never loads enough for text to be entered.

i don't know what to tell you. i'm at home now and having the same issue. my last post was doubled in the dish forum yet i only clicked once on the submit button and patiently waited. not bitching, it's just after seeing this on day #2 i figure it was best to say something. i won't hammer it in any longer. i'll clear cookies and cache again on this PC as well.

CLearing the cashe should work.

The issue was the christmas theme was using the old CkEditor while the regular looks is using the new CkEditor. So yesterday the Javascript for the editor was getting confused as most of the java that makes it work is new java, but mixed with some old java as well.

Scott, you haven't annoyed anyone named Julian, have you?
;)

Clearing the cache did fix the reply box...... But the delays accepting posts and likes for me continues.

Never noticed this thread till now.I had the same issues yesterday.This morning everything seemed to be working fine.Just now got the delay when replying to a post again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)