Delayed posting and double posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
Those of you posting problems still, please post what Browser you were using at the time, this mayhelp Scott narrow it down more.

Ive been using FF current versions on my desktop and my tablet and fortunately havent had the issue since at least yesterday morning,
I did have it bad the night before on FF, both machines.

Working fine this morning.

Yep, it's delaying on all posts.... and asking if you want to leave the page....
That's a Chrome error message. Basically, it knows you're not done on that page as it's (the browser) waiting for a response from the website and you're trying to navigate away using the forward or back buttons. It's related though...

Just noticed something...

In my quick reply box, I had no icons about it, the boxes were blank. Those boxes are controlled by the ckeditor in combination with the YUI (Yahoo! User Interface Library) it appears there was an update to the YUI that could be causing the issues. I pressed and held the shift key while clicking refresh on my keyboard and released the shift key after the page loaded... all the icons are back. :)

The YUI is something NOT controlled by SatelliteGuys or vBulletin and what's funny is our YUI is actually downloaded to you from Google not Yahoo...

So give that a try. :)

Again all looks great on the server. (And no changes have been made on the server.) :)

0.57 0.52 0.46 | 1,767 Users Online
Page Time: 0.14103 second

Last edited by a moderator:
Site is running slow for me today when trying to view the forum page, marking forums read, etc... When I go to HDF or AVS, its plenty fast so its not my connection. Using FF 22 right now.

Seems related: missing white space

Of course this happens only when I post, so it's hard to know how long it's been happening...

SOMEtimes, when I compose a post, the formatting and white space disappear!
Happened to me twice today.
With all the run-together posts, I try to make mine more readable, and until recently have had no problems.

I'll often use the Preview Post button to check content and to force a Save.

Safari on iPhone.

Does this need a new thread?

Since I posted above, I've had my post content de-formatted half a dozen times.
?Isnt anyone else seeing the problem?
I do use Preview Post to force a text save, as the Auto Save is inadequate when preparing a long reply.

Okay, it just happened again. Upon the first use of Preview Post, my formatting was gone!

Delays have still been killing me. Stuff like mark forums read, or using the new posts function would just sit there anywhere from 5-10 seconds, sometimes longer waiting on the "platform.twitter".

Does not happen at home, so i figure it must be the work connection. I found a fix, and it was simply a custom adblock firefox filter with this

||platform.twitter.com^

All seems well now.

I'm now on a Fire HD tablet, and still the whitespace in my edits occasionally disappears.
Previously happened on iphone using Safari under iOS 5.
?I'm unclear if it also happens under iOS 6, but I think so.
So I think this is a forum problem, not mine.
?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)