Delayed response in menu

larrykenney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
San Francisco, CA
I've been experiencing several occasions lately where you click on the remote for the X1 DVR to do something and nothing happens for as much as 15 seconds. I know it's getting the signal, because it eventually does respond, but it gets frustrating when you're trying to look through your list of saved programs or checking scheduled events and have to wait and wait for something to happen. At other times the responses can be immediate, but I've been noticing these delays more and more.

Has anyone else been noticing this with their X1 DVR?

Larry
San Francisco

Yep, I experience this too. I some times forget to do the once a week reboot. Frustrating that they have moved the restart option. I thought they deleted it, but I found Device Settings > Power Preferences. I used to just unplug the power cable at one point because the front power button doesn't work when it gets into these weird states.

We have been advising customers to reboot the X1 dvr by holding the power button on the front until the dvr powers down and then pressing the power button again. It seems to clear the lagging issue.

My X1 resets/reboots every morning between 3-4am, never have or had a lagging issue except for the first 3 months having it ( I have had it now for more then a year now).

Go into your menu to see if you have auto reset turned off or on.

Per Comcast: "all X1 series devices are sent a reboot signal between 0200 and 0400 hours every morning."

They would not give a specific reason for the mandated reboot, just stated they push a reboot command out to every X1 box every morning.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Even if the units do this 'auto-reboot', it doesn't seem like it does. My system will still get laggy at times, and the only way to clear it is with a reboot. Heck, last night the unit froze just after two shows started recording and we were watching another channel. Just wouldn't respond to anything. I had to pull the power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)