Delayed Response

bazookaj2007

Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Georgia
I have a Dish Network DVR Receiver and when I push a button on the controller, it take anywhere from 3 to about 5 seconds for it to respond on the television. Any help please?

When ever I had my remote set to UHF it would take forever. I switched it to IR and it was instant.

I also have no idea what he said DISH unlike Directv does not have the ability to select IR or UHF. Removing the UHF antenna is about as close as it would get to selecting IR over UHF.

You maybe picking up some radio wave interference that slows down processing of the UHF signal, compact flourscents and LED ;ights have had notices on their boxes about interference.

Personally, I'd try rebooting the DVR first. Then I'd start worrying about interference.

The model number is important in troubleshooting.

If the DVR in question is a dual unit, that's also useful (along with whether you're talking about TV1 or TV2).

It is a dual DVR and only TV1 is delayed, TV2 works just fine. I see DISHDVR625 on the back, I am nit sure if that is the model number though

Good work! The current model designation is DuoDVR 625. (625 for short)

This information suggests that the problem is with light interference. Some LCD televisions are known to play hell with IR remotes. Some have found relief by turning the receiver to one side or the other. Others have turned of "retina burn mode" or turned down the contrast and gained control that way.

Here's a similar thread (I searched for "LCD IR interference"): http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-vip222-remote-interference-cfl-lighting.html

nope, 625 got new software a few days ago that is causing a huge problem, we are trending this info to get a resolution and a quick sft fix, and it includes delayed response and blinking green light

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts