Deleted Channels

I hope you're wrong about Smithsonian dying. :( I can hope that the real Smithsonian folks will take it back.

No doubt there will be a dozen or more channels that will cease to exist in the next year or two.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
No doubt there will be a dozen or more channels that will cease to exist in the next year or two.
And there is a whole lot that should cease to exist too. Especially if it means dropping my bill. I am so tired of infomercial/rerun channels with little to NO original content, that seems to permeate the bundles packs we all have to endure today with pay tv.

MAV TV ... and I want it back!!! $4.00 for the outdoor pack... I'd pay that for just MAV. Makes no sense Dish...
I too miss MAV TV. A lot of the content is scattered around among other channels (MAV TV is a MAJOR subcontractor) but it was nice to have it all in one place.

Unlike many channels, there was almost always something on that didn't suck.

And there is a whole lot that should cease to exist too. Especially if it means dropping my bill. I am so tired of infomercial/rerun channels with little to NO original content, that seems to permeate the bundles packs we all have to endure today with pay tv.

Well, there you go, to each his own. I much prefer the "rerun channels" to the crap they call network TV today. I don't need a reality show, I live every day in reality.

Reactions: reddice
Oh this is a fun conversation. Every channel I watch, my girlfriend calls crap, and the same in return. She loves LMN, where as I love ESPN and USA. That pretty much should sum up what is considered garbage to one, is not garbage to another. Lastly, I hate the kids channels, yet my kids love them. I honestly could not lower my package without pissing anyone off, and almost every channel is watched.

That's what I don't get with MAV... don't like it, you don't have to pay $4 for the outdoor pk. For those that did it was a unique channel with motorsports/racing programming. Unless it didn't pay for it's transponder space... I dumped the outdoor pk the day dish dumped MAV. Again, would happily pay $4 for MAV... I'm not the only one.. but no doubt, not a high demand channel.. not many here seemed to care..

Reactions: Woody469
Unless their demand was to be carried in, say, the AT120 and above. Just because we got used to it ala carte does not mean they wanted to continue being carried ala carte.

OWN is on the top of my list of soon to be "done" or "transformed" into something else in the next year or two. Economics ultimately rule.

Well, there you go, to each his own. I much prefer the "rerun channels" to the crap they call network TV today. I don't need a reality show, I live every day in reality.
So do I . That is why I don't want a pack full of channels that show nothing but Reruns from NETWORK TV. IF I want to watch reruns I watch METV over the air. At least those are considered Classics. I don't want to be forced to pay for a bundle of crap channels that show me network reruns and then add to it a bunch of reality crap shows. IF you like watching that go right ahead. I would rather have my programming packs reduced and save the money.

I am one that is not thrilled with Dish right now. TVOne, Smithsonian Aspire for this customer and all the request and nothing. Contract ends I'm done with them

I would take your post more seriously if you didn't sign a contract with DISH. They had none of those channels when you signed. So I can't quite believe you are so upset. Also, where did you get the idea requesting a channel (and very little watched channels at that) would result in DISH adding them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)