Deleting Multiple Channels Versus Single Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
I know how to delete single Channels on my Azbox. Is there a way to Delete a whole Block of channels? Those RTN scrambled channels needed to be deleted yesterday on 95.0W and manually deleting about 40 of them was time consuming.

get the channel list on your screen and highlight one of those you want to get rid of.
Look towards the bottom of the screen and you will see the Freq: and SR .
Once you remembered it or wrote it down then...
hit the home button on your remote and go to settings then to tv channels
then arrow over to tuner A hit OK then go to SAT TP EDIT arrown down 1 time to TP Frequency, arrow right or left to the freq. Then you want to press the red button on your remote to delete it,
All those channels are now gone!
This works if you are sitting on the channel you do not want.
If your not on that channel then make sure you go to the correct satellite in the settings menu before deleting the TP's.

Last edited:
get the channel list on your screen and highlight one of those you want to get rid of.
Look towards the bottom of the screen and you will see the Freq: and SR .
Once you remembered it or wrote it down then...
hit the home button on your remote and go to settings then to tv channels
then arrow over to tuner A hit OK then go to SAT TP EDIT arrown down 1 time to TP Frequency, arrow right or left to the freq. you do not want and press the red button on your remote to delete it,
All those channels are now gone!
This works if you are sitting on the channel you do not want.
If your not on that channel then make sure you go to the correct satellite in the settings menu before deleting the TP's.

I think you meant to type "DO PRESS" the red remote button for delete?

That deletes the entire TP in this case, including all the channels that are on that TP.

If you desire to delete multiple channels, but they are spread out over several TPs and there are some channels on those TPs that you wish to retain, then you are better served if you delete them one-by-one with the remote or use the editor.

RADAR

oops! I am a hoprrible typist on this keyboard.
See I alreay mis-spelled 2 words here and honestly I have had nothing to drink... :angel:

I edited my post above to correct my mistake.

Thanks!

If you desire to delete multiple channels, but they are spread out over several TPs and there are some channels on those TPs that you wish to retain, then you are better served if you delete them one-by-one with the remote or use the editor.

I often just use the check button when I have the channel list on my screen then after checking all I want removed by
(highlighting the channel I do not want then press the check button)
yes you can check as many as you like. then hit the menu key where you will find a place there to delete all that you have checked.

AzEdit works just as well but some people especially those who do not have the Premium Plus may not be connected to the internet or have the way to do it right away!

I often just use the check button when I have the channel list on my screen then after checking all I want removed by
(highlighting the channel I do not want then press the check button)
yes you can check as many as you like. then hit the menu key where you will find a place there to delete all that you have checked.

AzEdit works just as well but some people especially those who do not have the Premium Plus may not be connected to the internet or have the way to do it right away!

Now that's the ticket! That is the most effecient and simplest method to use. I have used that myself, but I didn't think of it right off. You can "check" multiple items for deletion this way.

Excellent hint, Stargaze! Doggone! I do this all the time when I am experimenting with "recording" programs and using the "timers" and don't intend to save the stuff.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts