Dell Computer System:

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Well I was lucky enough to see a one day special that was about to end within 20 minutes a few days ago (special ended at midnight and I found it at about quarter till) so I figured I'd tell you all so you can keep a lookout if you are considering a purchase. Now first this isn't a system for a gamer but it works great at poweruser type applications. I mainly bought it because of the price alone and the special was in Dell Small Business which is where I've bought most of my Dell computers in the past. Because I can fix nearly everything myself I've noticed that these specials for my uses can't come close to being beat even building it myself. So here is the system I got with all the specs and pricing.

Dell Dimension 1100 series computer.

Intel Celeron D 325 (2.53Ghz with 256KB cache).
1GB DDR SDRAM 400Mhz in dual channel mode.
160GB 7200RPM hard drive with 8MB buffer.
Single drive 16x DVD+-RW DVD burner with dual layer support.
Windows XP Home Edition SP2 with re-installation CD.
Dell Keyboard and Mouse along with Corel Word Perfect.
No speakers came bundled but it of course has audio.
17" flat-panel LCD monitor model E176FP.

Again this isn't a power type system and it is limited on upgrade ability but that isn't why I bought it either. It also runs very very fast since I got it a few days ago.

I also got 3-5 day shipping but they sent it overnight without an extra charge so I ordered the system on 5/3 and I got the notice from Fedex that they tried to deliver it and I could pick it up after 5pm at the nearest center. I did happen to pick it up which was actually at Manchester Airport so I drove into the center with all the Fedex, UPS and DHL planes. But I picked it up on 5/5 so you can't ask for a better experience at least for me.

The whole package with all fees brokedown like this below.

359.00 even for the whole system with the monitor.
29.00 Handling fee.
----------------------------------------
388.00 Total price.

Now I don't tend to buy extended warranties but because I do keep records and will fight to get rebates back I did choose to buy an extended warranty. So that cost me an extra 70 bucks for a 3 year next day onsite parts and labor warranty which brought my total price upto 458 bucks. Because I'm in New Hampshire I don't pay sales tax. Now for that extra 70 bucks I'll get a 45 buck rebate back from Dell. So for everything above with a warranty my final price once I get my rebate back will be exactly 413.00 and that to me is a great deal for what I'll use it for.

That is good. I am going to have to visit their site more often. I have a Dell 8400 but I payed close to $1,500. It has the same RAM and hard disk space but came with surround speakers and a twenty inch flat screen LCD monitor, a ROM drive and a DVD/ CD burner and a remote Keyboard.

I heard Dell is going to be decreasing their prices. Their stock has been going down along with their sales. Again great buy. Have fun.

That is a heck of a deal. I would have bought one for backup for a price like that. Probably would have used the desktop for at home and my laptop for when I go out on the road or something.

Yeah, they have the 19" LCD for $262.00

I want one...

They are sticklers on the rebates... I sent one in last month and the post office must not have post marked it til the following day... I lost $100.00 rebate. :mad:

I do not trust the post office for nothing. They WILL lose your mail if you do not insure it, particularly if its an item being sent in the mail. Every dang time I do not put insurance on the item it gets lost.

If you are there at the post office you can tell them to stamp it for the same day right in front of you to make sure it gets the same day stamp.

Mark_AR said:
Yeah, they have the 19" LCD for $262.00

I want one...

They are sticklers on the rebates... I sent one in last month and the post office must not have post marked it til the following day... I lost $100.00 rebate. :mad:

Good idea to allways go inside the office and give the employee and let them post mark it in front of you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)