Denon AVR/ HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hutch1814

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Indiana
I know somebody has said something about audio video being slightly off here lately and never had an issue however I was watching Ted lastnight and noticed my audio was a little
Off as well but I've never noticed it with my Yamaha receiver. I recently purchased a new Denon to replace the Yamaha and I'm not sure if it's the a Denon or if somebody else have noticed other than just the 1 other person? Surely we can't be the only 2. I haven't had any of the DD issues that other people have complained about on other sites but have noticed this little issue

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Are you running every via an AVR or straight to tv?

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have Denon... When I switched to DTV... audio sync was the 1st thing I noticed (not PQ)... .. WAY out of whack. I adjusted the audio delay setting on the Denon until I got it close enough to stop bothering me.

ESPN was the worst.

Alas, I wasn't sure there was any good way to make the other adjustment other than much trial/error.

Do you have the lip sync feature on in the Denon? Do you have any sort of motion smoothing/frame insertion feature enabled on your display?

I generally never had a problem running the AV via HDMI thru a Denon or Onkyo, unless I turned on frame interpolation. There is an automatic delay built in for video processing that will cause you to get out of hand.

All that being said, I still see some channels with issues at times (its rare), like my local CW. It generally doesnt look spot on, but not bad enough to be a kung fu movie.

I notice that but only on TNT. Happens a lot on that channel.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)