denon or onkyo

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Looking at Denon 3808 for $1069 or the Onkyo TX-SR705 for $799. Other than the money how sound i go.

Maybe check out the Onkyo TX-SR805 instead of the TX-SR705. It can be found for about $700 from an authorized dealer.

Nothing wrong with ether but if you have the extra money buy the Denon, you won't regret it.

NightRyder

I just got my new Denon 3808, and I AM so pleased. I tried both. Go for the Denon. You won't regret it.

Denon, if cash is not the issue.
Used Denon for 10+ years and always loved it

+1 :up

I have a 15 year old Denon 3000 amp still running strong. It is horribly obsolete, but the sound is still as clear as glass and it has never had any issue. Not on the primary system anymore, but I am happy to use it for a music system.

I also have the 3808, got it from 6th Ave for 950 back in December (new, not referb). They are an authorized dealer and if you call and ask for the price that was mentioned in the AVS thread you should get a great price. I love it! it is truely amazing.

I've owned Onkyo's and Denon's. I couldn't tell you that either is better than the other. I've bought all on the basis of needing to upgrade, and bought which ever happened to be on sale that day. All have been extremely reliable, and have sounded great. Onkyo 805 is my current receiver. Great feature set, and all the power I need.

Lets change thing up

Now looking at the onkyo 875 and the 3808ci about the same price.875 runs HOT. It is also big about 50 pounds. Has alot more thing on like the upper end done. Some site have said that the have a DPS problem loud poping sound in some case cracked some speakers.I HAVE BEEN READING UP ON THIS FOR TO LONG.STARTING TO GET CLOUDY IN MY MIND.

Last edited:
Some site have said that the have a DPS problem loud poping sound in some case cracked some speakers.I HAVE BEEN READING UP ON THIS FOR TO LONG.STARTING TO GET CLOUDY IN MY MIND.

I sent you the DSP update. It will work on the 875, also. All of the Onkyos and Integras use the same one.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)