Denon owners, EQ question

This rcvr is amazing. Tried out my new settings today on The Hulk 2008 BR. Man is the bass awesome, but the biggest part I noticed if more detail in the highs, I actually heard things I had not picked up while watching with the Onkyo. The Denon definitely sets itself up very well, must be due to the better version of Audyssey as compared to what my 605 had.

Yup. Read my post in the "Last/Next Movie You Watched" Thread in the Blu-Ray Forum....

The Hulk (DTS-MA) sounded awesome!!

Well, I unsubd from the 1909 thread at AVS, cant handle the crap anymore.

Why does almost every thread have to be like that over there, there is always one to two guys that make the thread no fun to sub too? The one we have for the Panny 85u plasma is very light hearted and people get helped.who

This rcvr is amazing. Tried out my new settings today on The Hulk 2008 BR. Man is the bass awesome, but the biggest part I noticed if more detail in the highs, I actually heard things I had not picked up while watching with the Onkyo. The Denon definitely sets itself up very well, must be due to the better version of Audyssey as compared to what my 605 had.

It's possible that the newer Audyssey had something to do with this, but the more probable reason is probably due to a change in your speaker positioning, ( I assume you moved things around since your pics. If you haven't, you should. Try to give your mains some room. Moving them away from your TV and sub, would open up your "highs" and most certainly improve your imaging. Position everything where it sounds best without EQ, and then try running the EQ again. Proper speaker positioning will help your sound more than anything else that I can think of.)

It's nice to bring in the New Year with new "toys"!

Happy New Year everyone. I hope this year brings everything you need.

Well, I unsubd from the 1909 thread at AVS, cant handle the crap anymore.

Why does almost every thread have to be like that over there, there is always one to two guys that make the thread no fun to sub too? The one we have for the Panny 85u plasma is very light hearted and people get helped.who

Yeah. I originally came from AVS and now post here more now. It's gotten WAY to serious and personal over there.

Yeah. I originally came from AVS and now post here more now. It's gotten WAY to serious and personal over there.

A fine site has been ruined with too many obnoxious self-proclaimed experts, and general A-holes. There is one jerk on the ONKYO 805 thread who's favorite response to just about every Q is RTFM! (Read the F*&^ing manual). Or use the search engine. You know, if you don't want to help, just don't respond. Still a lot of useful info there, but you have to wade through all the crap to find it. Just not worth my time anymore.

It's possible that the newer Audyssey had something to do with this, but the more probable reason is probably due to a change in your speaker positioning, ( I assume you moved things around since your pics. If you haven't, you should. Try to give your mains some room. Moving them away from your TV and sub, would open up your "highs" and most certainly improve your imaging. Position everything where it sounds best without EQ, and then try running the EQ again. Proper speaker positioning will help your sound more than anything else that I can think of.)

It's nice to bring in the New Year with new "toys"!

Happy New Year everyone. I hope this year brings everything you need.

Happy new years too!

I did make the minor adjustments required, especially moving the fronts forward. Im pretty much stuck on everything else with the room layout, but I know what to think about when we decide to buy/build :D

Being the RS meter told me that the center was sending out the same level as the fronts, what Im realizing is that Im not used to the fronts being as loud as they are so it appears to diminish the center. In all actuality its better because Im hearing sounds that get feed to the fronts much better and the center is still plenty loud, so its better sound all around. Im hearing the crowd and the bands much better during football today, feels like im there trying to talk at the game and all the surrounding noise is loud. The Onkyo had my center at the same level as the fronts, so I was actually heavy on center channel and not getting the full effect from my fronts.

Only thing I think Audyssey did was set the sub a little too loud, or it could be this Klipsch 12 is too much for the room, so I dropped it a half db and will try it there.

A fine site has been ruined with too many obnoxious self-proclaimed experts, and general A-holes. There is one jerk on the ONKYO 805 thread who's favorite response to just about every Q is RTFM! (Read the F*&^ing manual). Or use the search engine. You know, if you don't want to help, just don't respond. Still a lot of useful info there, but you have to wade through all the crap to find it. Just not worth my time anymore.

Yeah, one of the guys in the 1909 thread just replies that audyssey gives you a perfect flat response, so if you change it you've destroyed that SQ. And that the "ratshack" analog meter cant be used for anything. Goofs.

Happy new years too!

I did make the minor adjustments required, especially moving the fronts forward. Im pretty much stuck on everything else with the room layout, but I know what to think about when we decide to buy/build :D

Being the RS meter told me that the center was sending out the same level as the fronts, what Im realizing is that Im not used to the fronts being as loud as they are so it appears to diminish the center. In all actuality its better because Im hearing sounds that get feed to the fronts much better and the center is still plenty loud, so its better sound all around. Im hearing the crowd and the bands much better during football today, feels like im there trying to talk at the game and all the surrounding noise is loud. The Onkyo had my center at the same level as the fronts, so I was actually heavy on center channel and not getting the full effect from my fronts.

Only thing I think Audyssey did was set the sub a little too loud, or it could be this Klipsch 12 is too much for the room, so I dropped it a half db and will try it there.

Yeah, one of the guys in the 1909 thread just replies that audyssey gives you a perfect flat response, so if you change it you've destroyed that SQ. And that the "ratshack" analog meter cant be used for anything. Goofs.

Perfect example. That's sad.

Sad, but unfortunately we do it here too sometimes. Not as bad, but after 20 iterations of the same darned question, you get a little short and frustrated. Besides, you know what works for you because you've made all these mistakes and found it out the hard way.

That's something I learned from my kids. I can't make it easier for them. I can explain what I have learned and why I choose to do things a certain way, but after some point in their life, they won't believe unless they make some of the same mistakes themselves.

I do wonder why Scott has chosen to not set up FAQ areas in each forum and why he doesn't advertise the EKB on the main page, but rather wait for us to point it out as an answer to some novice's questions.

Just read something that made me laugh about the tools on AVS.

The SVS PB12 manual recommends the "ratshack" analog meter and explains how to set the sub level. Funny stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)