Poll: How Many Here Are Projector Owners?

How Many Are Projector Owners?

• Yes, LCD

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • Yes, DLP

Votes: 31 34.1%
  • Yes, SXRD

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Yes, CRT

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • No, not interested

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • Not yet, tell me more!

Votes: 8 8.8%

• Total voters

8bitbytes

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NoVA
Thought I would check and see how many of us are using projectors for our viewing pleasure. Tell us what you have if you want to add to your vote.

I had a Toshiba DLP. Too many problems, from the tv guide on screen when I had cable to the many bulbs and then finally the light engine went out. All in a year and a half span. I am hooked on flat panels and I will never go back to projectors.

I had a Toshiba DLP. Too many problems, from the tv guide on screen when I had cable to the many bulbs and then finally the light engine went out. All in a year and a half span. I am hooked on flat panels and I will never go back to projectors.
How long ago was that? I haven't seen Toshiba make an HD Home Theater PJ.

I'm a proud owner of an Optoma HD70 unit on a 120" screen. When this baby goes bad I have no doubts at all about getting another unit. I'm very happy with Optoma so I don't see myself buying another brand besides Optoma unless an amazing review with an even better price comes along on another unit.

Either way its hard to watch my puny 32" LCD flat panel and enjoy it after using the Optoma for so long. Because of this I couldn't bare to spend 1,000+ bucks for something that will never come close to 100 inches of HD quality glory.

I'm a proud owner of an Optoma HD70 unit on a 120" screen. When this baby goes bad I have no doubts at all about getting another unit. I'm very happy with Optoma so I don't see myself buying another brand besides Optoma unless an amazing review with an even better price comes along on another unit.

Either way its hard to watch my puny 32" LCD flat panel and enjoy it after using the Optoma for so long. Because of this I couldn't bare to spend 1,000+ bucks for something that will never come close to 100 inches of HD quality glory.

I feel the same way. After having one I don't wan anything else.

I am one of the tell me more. I have debated for a while about a projector and did a lot of research. I have a 51" Hitachi CRT which I am extremely happy with, but when it goes or when I am ready, I am looking at projectors. I want the Panasonic PT-AX200U with a 90" or 106" screen. I am worried about the bulb because I use this for my primary tv; at least 45-55 hours/week. I am not worried about 720p and 1080i cuz from what I researched a good 720p is just as good as 1080p; guess I just have to look at how Dish's 1080P still will work with that! Any suggestions/comments/ideas surely will be appreciated!

I haven't futzed with the Dish 1080p yet, but have watched Directv's 1080p movies on my 720p PJ's looked good... I have 2 FPTV's and have one provider hooked to each at this time... watching BSG on a 99" screen right now from Dish and it beats the heck out of my 1080i 42" CRT in the living room... (also have HD DVD on both and BD on the 73") I watch the trivial stuff on the living room CRT and the good stuff on the PJ's...

I was not so much concerned with the picture quality but more concerned if Dish will actually "accept" the signal out of the projector; what do you think about lamp life on the projectors?

Changed the lamp on my HD1000U at 2,300 hours, it is supposed to be good for 3,000... keeping the old one as a spare... already have 200 hours on new bulb and on the HC1500U that replaced this PJ in the HT Room it is probably about the same, but more pc use than TV use on it... Have used Dish, BD, HD DVD and Direct on both with no problems... having a problem with getting my Htpc to handshake with the HC1500 via my Nvida card right now... but via VGA it works fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)