Denver HD??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pumper703

Original poster
Aug 24, 2008
hello all, I'm trying to figure out which sat has the Denver HD locals on it?...i've looked on Lyngsat but they don't show it....thanks for the help

To cover more of the market, Denver HD locals are actually available from two separate satellites. You can receive them from either...

99 transponders 15 and 22

or

103 transponders 15 and 23

Wonder why they did this and just did not use a Conus beam?

Is it because some of the Denver DMA goes to parts of North West Nebraska.
Looking at the DMA maps from the FCC I see it does.

I just checked my receiver. Are those transponders correct now after they moved everything around with the new Sat at 99

Most of the transponders listed show up as NA on my signal meter chart.

I'm sure it was more cost-effective.

The only HD local network channels using national bandwidth are ABC/CBS/Fox/NBC from New York and Los Angeles, and that's because those are used for DNS.

By the way, despite the fact that two different sats are being used to cover the Denver market, there are still some areas of the market in Wyoming where HD is not available.

I just checked my receiver. Are those transponders correct now after they moved everything around with the new Sat at 99

Most of the transponders listed show up as NA on my signal meter chart.

The data should be correct as of a week ago today.

The new sat is at 103, and that's where all of the re-arranging took place. If you aren't seeing anything on 99 (make sure you're looking at 99B or 99S and not 99A or 99C), then you should see something on the 103A or 103S transponders.

To cover more of the market, Denver HD locals are actually available from two separate satellites. You can receive them from either...

99 transponders 15 and 22

or

103 transponders 15 and 23
Is denver locals Spot Beamed?

Is denver locals Spot Beamed?

Yes, I can't get them in North Dakota. But I can get the Salt Lake City locals in HD for some reason since the spot beam reaches that far, which is weird since it doesn't even go down to St. George.

Why do I get NA on the signal meter chart for the Denver Transponders, should it not say Zero?

Is it based on your zip code? I thought they had one chart national wide.

What are others getting?

Why do I get NA on the signal meter chart for the Denver Transponders, should it not say Zero?

Is it based on your zip code? I thought they had one chart national wide.

What are others getting?

Make sure you are looking at the spotbeam transponders and not the CONUS ones.

99B or 99S (not 99A or 99C)

103A or 103S (not 103B,103CA,or 103CB)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts