Desperate - can't watch Oklahoma City Thunder games

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dkraeer

Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Oklahoma City
this is about the third game in a row I haven't been able to watch. All the games are broadcasted on the fox sports regional channel unless it is on ABC or ESPN. Every game has said its blacked out. If you check the game finder for my zip code 73020 it even says it isn't blacked out. But I can't watch. I've been on the phone about 3 times but no one can figure out what is wrong. There isnt anyone else to talk to.

I feel like this is an account issue. I dropped my programming down a couple levels and inadvertently dropped it below the level required to get multisport package. So I bumped it back up and added multisport back on and since then I haven't been able to watch the thunder.

Anyone have any ideas?

I had the very same problem with the SA Spurs games earlier this week. Contacted DIRT, who said to call when the game was on. No DIRT members online at that time, so I ended up calling Dish. They ended up sending a hit to the receiver. A few minutes later, and the game was no longer blacked-out.

Glad your problem resolved itself. Just thought I'd mention this for anyone else who had the problem. Don't know what you have, but the rep said it was an issue that only affected Hopper 3 users.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tampa8
This started happening to me too with the Warriors game on CSNBA, 412-09 I think. The last 4 games or so have been blacked out, and I thought it was due to the games just being blacked out because of NBA rules/broadcast rules/etc. Never happened before.

Maybe I should talk to DIRT? Or Ill talk to dish via chat and see what they say.

EDIT: Well just spoke to DISH chat and said that everything on their end is correct (I subscribe to the channel and should be receiving content on it). They said they will forward my concern to the engineering dept who will push out a software update to my receivers. Lets see what happens lol.

Last edited:
This started happening to me too with the Warriors game on CSNBA, 412-09 I think. The last 4 games or so have been blacked out, and I thought it was due to the games just being blacked out because of NBA rules/broadcast rules/etc. Never happened before.

Maybe I should talk to DIRT? Or Ill talk to dish via chat and see what they say.

EDIT: Well just spoke to DISH chat and said that everything on their end is correct (I subscribe to the channel and should be receiving content on it). They said they will forward my concern to the engineering dept who will push out a software update to my receivers. Lets see what happens lol.

Re read what worked. You don't want the Engineers and you will not get a "Software" update unless everyone is due to get one. You simply want what any CSR can do, have them re-hit your account that is what the poster above did.

Re read what worked. You don't want the Engineers and you will not get a "Software" update unless everyone is due to get one. You simply want what any CSR can do, have them re-hit your account that is what the poster above did.

I did read what worked and I talked to dish as was stated. And the csr I spoke to said that a hit wasn't needed as it was a software issue hence the response I wrote.

And you believed the CSR? I'm really not trying to give you a hard time but you didn't say that the CSR said a hit was not needed, now that you are, I'm saying that is BS, there is no such thing as sending you a software update unless everyone is getting it. Sending a hit should be tried no matter what, but it's your equipment ....

Same here for last three games here in okc talk to tech support two times they were no help will see what happens tonight

All of a sudden I am having trouble recording any programs on RSNET (412 Regional Sports Networks) but I can watch them live. Usually I find the answer here since there are others with the same issue. Have done hard re-boots on both Hoppers (both running 529) and recorded Pacers on 412-31 on both Hoppers tonight with only a black screen? But when I go to the Guide and select 412-31 I can watch live? This has been going on for about one week. Hate to watch any TV these days "Live". Any suggestions as to what is going on or how to correct or is this just another bug? Thanks

Best guesses, start recording after the game has started, and second is to get a hit to refresh your account.

Reactions: THE5RIVERS
All of a sudden I am having trouble recording any programs on RSNET (412 Regional Sports Networks) but I can watch them live. Usually I find the answer here since there are others with the same issue. Have done hard re-boots on both Hoppers (both running 529) and recorded Pacers on 412-31 on both Hoppers tonight with only a black screen? But when I go to the Guide and select 412-31 I can watch live? This has been going on for about one week. Hate to watch any TV these days "Live". Any suggestions as to what is going on or how to correct or is this just another bug? Thanks
I had that problem too. Evidently if you start recording while the " check back later" screen is on it wont work. You need to set your timer to start 2 or 3 mins after the game starts and that should work. Or if you are home, wait til the game is on the screen then hit record.

Best guesses, start recording after the game has started, and second is to get a hit to refresh your account.

Spoke to dish again. Said games are blacked out, no control, etc. Sent a hit. No change. Still cant watch games.

What is odd is that the game is on the SD channel, but HD is blacked out. I really don't understand why this just started happening in the past week. DISH chat csr's are pretty clueless.

EDIT: So i called dish, got my call elevated to tech support. He had me reset all of my receivers, and then he reauthorized my smart card and everything is working again. Thanks to everyone's advice/help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tampa8
Well I called in today they know of the issue and are working on it. They told me to restart the hopper and Joey 20mins before the game to see if that fixes it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)