Detroit area HD install - 1000+ or not?

Well my install saga continues, just checked my dish account recent activity and a new $199.95 Dish Antenna charge is listed. I was told initially (when purchasing 622 upgrade), twice prior to my 622 install by Dish, and by the installer that the dish 500+ or 1000+ would be free, included in my 622 and programming update. I just emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com, don't have the time to explain all of this crap to someone.

The fun continues the second reschedule in 2 days. Received a call this morning that "due to the demand in Detroit" the earliest they can install the 1000+ is August 5th but that will probably be pushed back.

scooby2 said:
The fun continues the second reschedule in 2 days. Received a call this morning that "due to the demand in Detroit" the earliest they can install the 1000+ is August 5th but that will probably be pushed back.

Wow - keep me abreast of your situation. I just got a call back from the executive office, they removed the 199 charge. Thank goodness for that office...but the install is still set for next Friday. So I'll let you know how mine goes. Do you have a 61.5 or are you planning on a full 1000+ only?

luckycat said:
Wow - keep me abreast of your situation. I just got a call back from the executive office, they removed the 199 charge. Thank goodness for that office...but the install is still set for next Friday. So I'll let you know how mine goes. Do you have a 61.5 or are you planning on a full 1000+ only?
I actually have two dishes since there is a large tree blocking 129 where the dish 1000 is installed (my backyard). I am surrounded by huge trees all of which are not in my yard. I bought a dish 500 with a single lnb setup from DishStore and installed that on the side of my house aimed at 129. I get an average of 95 for signal strength from 129 which is much better then most people get with the 1000.

scooby2 said:
I actually have two dishes since there is a large tree blocking 129 where the dish 1000 is installed (my backyard). I am surrounded by huge trees all of which are not in my yard. I bought a dish 500 with a single lnb setup from DishStore and installed that on the side of my house aimed at 129. I get an average of 95 for signal strength from 129 which is much better then most people get with the 1000.

That's great... I may wind up using my 300 or 500 for just 129, or just keep it at 61.5 where it seems to work great...who knows.

called dish network on July 6 about upgrading the locals to HD. On phone for half hour with nice rep. couldn't get it worked out, dish was supposed to call me back the next day. they never called, i called back on the 10th to see what was going on. found out i had an appointment on the 13th without me knowing. on the 13th tech came out and installed 1000+ 3 1/2 hours later was finished and everything worked out great.

I live in Chelsea MI. Had the 622 installed with a second dish because of trees, the installer they sent out was from Leslie MI, he was very knowledgable. In fact refused to install the 1000 because of the tree situation.

Do any of you know when the Detroit local HD channels will be activated? When I upgraded June 18th Dish told me that they were not coming until Oct. I have OTA so i can wait.

Thanks
Tony

skewiff said:
I live in Chelsea MI. Had the 622 installed with a second dish because of trees, the installer they sent out was from Leslie MI, he was very knowledgable. In fact refused to install the 1000 because of the tree situation.

Do any of you know when the Detroit local HD channels will be activated? When I upgraded June 18th Dish told me that they were not coming until Oct. I have OTA so i can wait.

Thanks
Tony
ABC, CBS, and FOX from Detroit are active but you need either a dish 500+ or a dish 1000+ to receive them. Call Dish and they should waive the $59 installation fee.

Hey scooby2, I just looked through my channels and I don't see any of those channels listed, could you give me the channel numbers please, it would be appreciated.

Tony

skewiff said:
Hey scooby2, I just looked through my channels and I don't see any of those channels listed, could you give me the channel numbers please, it would be appreciated.

Tony
Do you have the brand new Dish1000+ or Dish500+ that came out last week? If not you cannot receive them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)