Detroit CBS HD Signal Question

ctrombet

Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Detroit Suburb
Can someone help me with a problem I am having with only my CBS HD Station?

Using a Dish 811 (which was already replaced by Dish once), a CM 3018 rooftop antenna, and a CM 4-way amplifier, I can consistently pull all of my local HD OTA signals in with 85-90% signal strength - except for WWJ-HD. This channel is constantly dropping out (less than 55% strength). I e-mailed WWJ, but have not yet received a reply.

Note - the amplifier is necessary to get CBC9 from Windsor, originally to watch HockeyNight - maybe next year!

Any idea or suggestions? Thanks!!!

Wish I could help. I've never had trouble with WWJ -- in fact I'm wondering if perhaps you're overloading on signal with the amplifier. If you can't get to the bottom of it here, here are a couple links that may be useful:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?threadid=453486&perpage=20&pagenumber=36
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=5444250#post5444250

Those are both from the "Local HDTV info and Reception" area at www.avsforum.com. The first one is for the Detroit thread, the second one for the official antenna thread. Posting in either, or both, will probably get you several opinions/ideas. Be sure to tell them the equipment you're using and where you are (at least how far you are from WWJ). Good luck.

Fixed the Problem

Just in case anyone else reads this...the problem is fixed thanks to John at WWJ-HD. He suggested a couple of things to try, I did them. Found a small piece of a plastic bag had got lodged inside one of my coax connectors. Cut the cable and made a new connection - problem gone. Signal is 85+%. Thanks John!!!

ctrombet said:
Just in case anyone else reads this...the problem is fixed thanks to John at WWJ-HD. He suggested a couple of things to try, I did them. Found a small piece of a plastic bag had got lodged inside one of my coax connectors. Cut the cable and made a new connection - problem gone. Signal is 85+%. Thanks John!!!
Thanks for the reply...
piece of plastic? tell more..