Detroit DMA Moving to eastern arc?

I live in S.W. Michigan and was on the Western Arc since I became a customer in early 2003 and just a month or so ago I was notified by DISH I had to be switched to the Eastern Arc. They sent out a tech and did it with no cost to me. Still not sure I am happy about being on the EA, seems to be more prone to rain fade, but I am told my signal levels are fine and where they are suppose to be.

Is the Detroit DMA Moving to eastern arc? I need to move my dish and was wondering if this was a possibility.

Yes it is. Detroit is one of the markets that will only be available on the eastern arc. However it will be a while before it happens

What will they do with people who do not have LOS (like me) to the EA, but currently receive their Detroit locals on 129?

Have not received any notice yet.

What will they do with people who do not have LOS (like me) to the EA, but currently receive their Detroit locals on 129? Have not received any notice yet.

I can only tell you what I see happening in Northern Michigan. Since this change impacts Traverse City as well, Dish has been installing the WA with a wing dish at 61.5 ( for locals only) . They will be send you a notice in the future but the problem is the market is so big. Getting back to northern Michigan Dish is currently switching people only in rural areas with a wing dish in cases where the EA is not available. So your set up would be WA 110, 119, 129 and 61.5 (EA)