Detroit locals in Northern MI

Deucebigalo

Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Michigan
I have a hunting cabin that I go to this time of year. I usually take a receiver with me for television. I am not able to get Detroit locals up there. I have read in the past that it is possible to get them with a 2nd dish. I have a larger FTA dish that I could use for this purpose. I have read in the past that I will have to cover one of the eyes on my dish HD lnb and aim the larger dish at one of the satellites I think 129 transponder 14 for Detroit locals. can anybody give me instruction as to how to do this.

How far up are you? You may have better luck on the Eastern Arc 61.5 feed if you want Detroit HD. I know the sd western arc feed works up to at least Grayling.

More info on your current setup would allow more help.

The Detroit spot beam in HD on 61.5 shares that spot beam with Traverse City locals. The beam is centered around Houghton lake. You should have no issues

Either, 61.5 is very strong. In Traverse City Dish aims for the eastern arc. They are in the process of changing Detroit to the EA. Use transponder 17 when aiming since the signal is easy to obtain with the receiver