Dexter: Season 7

Unfortunately, Showtime must not release details to the TV Guide companies because I never have anything listed on my FiOS or Tivo DVRs. Anyway, TitanTV has some info posted so I'll go with that from now on:

"Dexter is put on alert when he receives an unexpected visitor in the form of Hannah's father; the Phantom Arsonist's crimes continue and grow more brutal; Quinn is forced into a danger situation on order to defend Nadia's honor and himself."

WOW! That was informative.

Excellent Show!

So Maria is continuing to push the Bay Harbor Butcher issue. With Matthews help, she now knows Dexter's early family history and is wanting to interview him. But Matthews says he will take care of it so she doesn't screw it up. Well, the phantom arsonist starts off the episode by incinerating a mother and child, and later a couple on a bus. Dexter was starting to suspect the arson inspector until he realize the guy was just an oddball.

Hanna doesn't understand Dexter's Dark Passenger and, therefore, does not understand Dexter. But as it turns out she is just a little more insightful. Anyway, Hanna's dad shows up at her front porch with Dexter visiting. Initially he is kind and "reformed" from his prison years. However, it's just a ruse...he is a Father Dearest candidate.

Anyway, we get to see the face of our serial arsonist and later Dexter learns his identity because the phantom arsonist left behind some finger prints and Dexter broke into some JV files and finds the Phantom. Yeah!!! I love the ying and yang and how Dexter may have to face that is' his decision to kill people and not his dark passenger.

So Hanna's dad shows up at Dexter's place with the stereotypical insults and such. Father dearest! Anyway, before Dexter kills the Phantom Arsonist Dexter tells him, "You're the one who's setting those fires. You're the one who is burning people alive. You can't blame it on something that happened to you when you were a kid. You're not a kid anymore. It's time for you to take responsibility." He then realizes what he just said and returns the killer to the his basement and makes an anonymous call to the police.

He then kills Hanna's father because he realizes he "wants" to kill him to protect Hanna.

Do You See What I See?: Sunday, 9 December 2012 (9:00 PM ET)

"Dexter attempts to balance his life with Hannah and his relationship with Debra as Christmas approaches; Debra follows an incriminating tip given to her by Hannah's father; Dexter learns more about the man responsible for his mother's death."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2235996/

Sounds like a good episode...oh,and don't forget the part of Capt. Matthews interviewing Dexter about the Bay Harbor Killer.

Don't read any further if you haven't already seen the show...

Great episode. Just when Dexter gets Maria off of his back, she pulls a fast one...it's like swiping the Christmas ham from the table before the traditional carving into six equal slices with a chainsaw. Elsewhere, Hanna crossed a line when she went after Deb...and it now looks as though she is going away before bars for a long time. However, I loved the previews for the Season Finale appropriately titled 'Surprise MotherF@#$%' in which Hannah is trying slip Deb and Dexter the banana while behind bars. Dexter should have killed her when he had the opportunity. And it looks like Deb is going after Maria for trying to frame her brother...and Dex is actually contemplating getting rid of Marina. Should be a killer Season Finale...literally.

Don't read any further if you haven't already seen the show...

Great episode. Just when Dexter gets Maria off of his back, she pulls a fast one...it's like swiping the Christmas ham from the table before the traditional carving into six equal slices with a chainsaw. Elsewhere, Hanna crossed a line when she went after Deb...and it now looks as though she is going away before bars for a long time. However, I loved the previews for the Season Finale appropriately titled 'Surprise MotherF@#$%' in which Hannah is trying slip Deb and Dexter the banana while behind bars. Dexter should have killed her when he had the opportunity. And it looks like Deb is going after Maria for trying to frame her brother...and Dex is actually contemplating getting rid of Marina. Should be a killer Season Finale...literally.

lol, Maria doesn't have to frame him, he is the bay harbor butcher! Great episode tonight, can't wait until next week!

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys

I was wondering if Deb spiked her own water bottle knowing Dex would figure it out?

good episode for sure, will be cool to see Doaks return if indeed he does...

I was wondering if Deb spiked her own water bottle knowing Dex would figure it out?

good episode for sure, will be cool to see Doaks return if indeed he does...

It's hard to imagine Deb spiking her own water when she could have died in the accident...plus, we all know Hannah did it. The question is what does Dexter do about Hannah since she can now expose Dexter's secret? Doaks? Isn't he dead as a door nail?

wasn't it Doaks that said said surprise mf'er in the preview, or was that just from a old episode? was not looking at the tv when i heard it.

I think that's an old episode because he is certainly dead and Doakes took the blame for being the Bay Harbor Butchers...although I don't remember the specifics or if a body was recovered. Hmmm. I seem to recall that he burned in a fire or got blowed-up...but that was way back in season 2 or 3. I may have to go back and watched some of those old episodes to refresh my memory.

I thought it was the first season doak's was blown up in the cabin from the propane stove...I don't think they found a body....
will be interesting to see how the spin it...can't wait...

Geez...I remember so much about that season---and I remember how Doakes had it out for Dexter---but for the life of me I cannot recall how Dead Doakes took the fall for the murders...other than he was blown to smithereens. Just an interesting tidbit about that term if you're wondering:

Origin

Smithereens is an Irish word. It derives from, or is possibly the source of, the modern Irish 'smidirín', which means 'small fragments'. There is a town near Baltimore, close to the south-west coast of Ireland, called Skibbereen. The name means 'little boat harbour' and it is tempting to imagine sailing ships arriving there from the wild Atlantic by being 'blown to Skibbereen'. The more recent 'Troubles' also bring up images of property/people being dynamited and 'blown to Skibbereen' from all over Ireland. There's no record of any such phrase however, and the similarity between the words Skibbereen and smithereens seems to be no more than co-incidence.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)