Dexter: Season 7

Geez...I remember so much about that season---and I remember how Doakes had it out for Dexter---but for the life of me I cannot recall how Dead Doakes took the fall for the murders...other than he was blown to smithereens. Just an interesting tidbit about that term if you're wondering:

Origin

Smithereens is an Irish word. It derives from, or is possibly the source of, the modern Irish 'smidirín', which means 'small fragments'. There is a town near Baltimore, close to the south-west coast of Ireland, called Skibbereen. The name means 'little boat harbour' and it is tempting to imagine sailing ships arriving there from the wild Atlantic by being 'blown to Skibbereen'. The more recent 'Troubles' also bring up images of property/people being dynamited and 'blown to Skibbereen' from all over Ireland. There's no record of any such phrase however, and the similarity between the words Skibbereen and smithereens seems to be no more than co-incidence.

The Smithereens
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/the-smithereens-mn0000898479/songs

Yeah, but shot with Deb's gun? Not Estradas? Lucy you gots some 'splainin' to do......................

and don't forget our flower, Hannah................hmmmmmm

Easy to explain, LaGuerta killed Estradas and was going to kill Dexter and frame him when Deb showed up and shot her.

Hannah is a wild card, will we never hear from her like Lumen or will she pop back up?

Easy to explain, LaGuerta killed Estradas and was going to kill Dexter and frame him when Deb showed up and shot her.

It can't happen that way since Dexter and Deb were shown returning to the party afterwards. Since they didn't phone it in, I will assume Dexter had to retrieve Deb's bullet and conceal the wound, and stage a crime scene. Off the top of my head I would think he would carve them up with the chainsaw as though it were a gang related hit and LaGuerta was meeting Estrada at the wrong place and time.

Hannah is a wild card, will we never hear from her like Lumen or will she pop back up?

Before the finale I would have said Dexter would take her out (and not on a date) to protect Deb. After the finale I get the feeling Deb will be much more accepting of having another psycho killer in the family. Who know.

Hannah and Lumen are loose endpoints in Dexter circle. Now Debra become another one. There women are all loose endpoints. All three have killed for Dexter. I think Debra will leave him and ask for a transfer far away from him. If she accepts him and he continues killing under her nose, she becomes one with him. I have a feeling that she does not envision this for her.

Maybe that's how they end the show. Deb and Dex kill together then fall in love and run off together. Why not he (Michael C. Hall) already did her. :rolleyes::D

It can't happen that way since Dexter and Deb were shown returning to the party afterwards. Since they didn't phone it in, I will assume Dexter had to retrieve Deb's bullet and conceal the wound, and stage a crime scene. Off the top of my head I would think he would carve them up with the chainsaw as though it were a gang related hit and LaGuerta was meeting Estrada at the wrong place and time.

Whoops, good catch. I agree it would be too suspicious for La Guerta to just disappear so they would have to stage something for the police to find.

Before the finale I would have said Dexter would take her out (and not on a date) to protect Deb. After the finale I get the feeling Deb will be much more accepting of having another psycho killer in the family. Who know.

The family that slays together stays together?

Hannah and Lumen are loose endpoints in Dexter circle. Now Debra become another one. There women are all loose endpoints. All three have killed for Dexter. I think Debra will leave him and ask for a transfer far away from him. If she accepts him and he continues killing under her nose, she becomes one with him. I have a feeling that she does not envision this for her.

I don't think Lumen is a loose end...however, I'm not sure what to make of Hannah. Nice end? Tight end? Those both work for me. :) Either way I don't think her sweet behind making it past the season finale. We shall see.

Maybe that's how they end the show. Deb and Dex kill together then fall in love and run off together. Why not he (Michael C. Hall) already did her. :rolleyes::D

Okay, the way I see it is this is Deb's final season on Dexter; this is the only way the season can end IMO:

1. Deb needs to get away from Dexter and start a new life after seeing what she has done and what she has become (possible)
2. Deb gets killed in the line of duty by some yet to be introduced bad guy (unlikely)
3. Deb gets whacked by Hannah and Dexter quickly forgives her after she makes his wee wacky go woo woo. Men..we're so predictable. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)