DFW 942 OTA Reboot of Nascar What the %*$#@

Kevin_Texas

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 26, 2003
Burbs of Dallas Texas
I am in the DFW area a suburb of Dallas. Watching the NASCAR race on the local OTA (NBC) and my 942 will just reboot. It has happen about 6 times now. I can switch to Dish local and it's fine. This is not the first time this has happen. Seems everytime I watch NASCAR in HD through OTA on NBC.

All other OTA are fine.

Anyone elese having this problem.

Probably a corruption problem in the stations digital stream. Call the station and report it to them. Their PSIP may be kaput.

I have had OTA signals lock up a digital tuner so bad I had to unplug it to get it to work - it was not a Dish tuner.

It's been going on since April. A thread about it at the other site! Happened to me last night, also.

Tom in TX

Same thing here in Fort Worth and we are on our 7th 942. We have had all kinds of problems with them. The whole reason I went with with dish was for the HD broadcast now they want MORE money. Not Me. I want what they promised for 18 months then if they want to go up fine I will at least have a choice. Locals in HD and a fixed price for 18 months. :mad:

Tom in TX said:
It's been going on since April. A thread about it at the other site! Happened to me last night, also.

Tom in TX

It has also been happening to me since April. I did seem to clear up but has gotten worse again. I sent a email to NBC several weeks ago but of course no response.

By the way I don't have the issue with my 811:rolleyes:

After getting lots of reboots last weekend, I survived through the NFL game on Thursday without any reboots. I was quite surprised. KXAS has been a problem child before (trick play used to not work at all with KXAS on my old 921 about 18 months ago).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts