DHA Lease Fee?

chikagobnd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
lynchburg, va
Hey, I just got to take a look at my new & improved higher bill from Dish. Went up $9 a month. The one thing that is different that I'm confused about is the addition of a $7 a month DHA Lease Fee. What is that? I live in an MDU, so I have to purchase my boxes through my local retailer and I have never before had a lease fee, since I own the boxes. Is this just a new name for an additional receiver access fee or is Dish pulling their famous move of claiming I'm leasing a receiver and that I don't own it? Any info would be much appreciated!

BTW, I have the Classic 200(whatever its called) plus Silver & Platinum HD add-on's.

Went from 74.18 per month to 83 and change.

Hey, I just got to take a look at my new & improved higher bill from Dish. Went up $9 a month. The one thing that is different that I'm confused about is the addition of a $7 a month DHA Lease Fee. What is that? I live in an MDU, so I have to purchase my boxes through my local retailer and I have never before had a lease fee, since I own the boxes. Is this just a new name for an additional receiver access fee or is Dish pulling their famous move of claiming I'm leasing a receiver and that I don't own it? Any info would be much appreciated!

BTW, I have the Classic 200(whatever its called) plus Silver & Platinum HD add-on's.

Went from 74.18 per month to 83 and change.

The first receiver is usually free (included with the package price). If you have DVR Advantage, the first DVR fee and the locals are covered in the $10 charge. Other DVRs fees and receiver fees are combined under DHA into a $10 (for SD) or $12 (for HD) charge, saving 98 cents. All others cost $7 (for HD) or $5 (for SD). It doesn't matter whether you own or lease the receiver. Maybe if you posted the entire bill, it would enable someone to figure it out one way or the other.

The first receiver is usually free (included with the package price). If you have DVR Advantage, the first DVR fee and the locals are covered in the $10 charge. Other DVRs fees and receiver fees are combined under DHA into a $10 (for SD) or $12 (for HD) charge, saving 98 cents. All others cost $7 (for HD) or $5 (for SD). It doesn't matter whether you own or lease the receiver. Maybe if you posted the entire bill, it would enable someone to figure it out one way or the other.

I dont think I need to post my bill. You clarified what I was inquiring about. I believe they are just itemizing the new bills more and breaking out fees that were combined into one lump fee before. I just hate to see the word "lease" when I own the boxes, knowing Dish's history with those who own their receivers. Thanks for the response.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)