DHA Warranty?

Cocophone

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 12, 2004
I just got the Dish Network Digital Home Advantage (DHA) plan with a 522 DVR.

Somehow, I must have signed something that says I wanted the $5.99 a month warranty.

I don't think I need this warranty since I'm leasing the equipment and I'm not planning on moving in the next few years. I don't see the need to spend an extra $5.99 a month.

Does anybody have a more informed opinion on the $5.99 a month warranty.

Thanks,

Cocophone

Cocophone said:
I just got the Dish Network Digital Home Advantage (DHA) plan with a 522 DVR.

Somehow, I must have signed something that says I wanted the $5.99 a month warranty.

I don't think I need this warranty since I'm leasing the equipment and I'm not planning on moving in the next few years. I don't see the need to spend an extra $5.99 a month.

Does anybody have a more informed opinion on the $5.99 a month warranty.

Thanks,

Cocophone
The DHA provides service for the first 90 days after the first 90 days you pay $99.00 for service calls. The equipment is warrantied as long as you lease it but no service is provided other than the exchange of equipment. The DHPP service contract reduces the service call fee to $29.99 per service call but if you add $6 X 12Mo.= $72 plus $30 for the service call it is a wash at 1 per year, so I would say your better off without the DHPP. :D

Thanks. That was my math too. I don't see much benefit to the warranty.

If the DVR stops working after 18 months, my thought is Dish would provide me with a new one since, I'm leasing the equipment. If not then I would quit Dish network since I'm not on a long-term contract.

==Cocophone==

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)