DHP Current Customers Given Hope by Charlie!

jdmart

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2003
Albuquerque
I just finished watching last night's Charlie Chat on my 508 and hit the instant replay button a couple of times to make sure I heard correctly from Charlie & Jim. They said that current DHP customers "absolutely" have the same deal as others on the $199 811 deal in that they will OWN the 811 for $199. I know that Scott and this forum have broken this news already but it was great to watch and hear Charlie & Jim's own lips say it. The hope is that they are finally realizing what an important part of their customer base we are. Of course after we OWN the 811 and later the 921 we can turn in our leased boxes and drop DHP. :D

DHP is a good way of getting E* out of the business of giving large monthly credits for switches and additional receivers. But after the year is up who owns those receivers? E*. And if one breaks it is their cost to replace it.

Non-DHP customers take that risk themselves. Once the warranty is gone it is gone forever ... and the customer pays for replacements. I can see E* wanting to convert people off of the DHP plans.

JL

Yea but E* can use refurbished equipment for DHP customers. Plus they get the equipment back when a DHP customer leaves and can reuse it for other installations.

Dish is not trying to convert people off of DHP.

Also consumers can get a DHP like deal where you can get a $2/month warranty that covers the hardware and $5/month warranty that covers the hardware and some labor costs having someone coming out to your home to do it and you still own your hardware.

I tried ordering a 811 this evening with little success. The CR said that I did not qualify for the special since I was a DHP customer. I have been patiently waiting for months for the release of the 811's to purchase my first HD receiver. Tomorrow I will take one more shot with the 1-800-333-DISH number, and if I do not succeed, it sounds like the CEO email address and executive customer service number have produced much better customer service. It is extremely unfortunate that we must turn to those avenues to be able to purchase a receiver to commit to more programming. I am ready to purchase the HD pack, multi-sport for the NBA HD games, and potentially the HBO/Cinemax pack. I too heard Charlie specifically state during the chat last night that the $199 offer was available for all. Anyway, my DHP contract is up at the end of the month so it will be interesting to see what kind of response I get.

I thought there was a special number where some people that had DHP were calling that were giving them the 811 deal? I also seen in a Charlie Chat thread where they said that DHP customers are also eligible for the 811 deal.

You have to cal the executive office to get the811 DHP offer.

1866-443-5162

If you do that, expect to commit to ANOTHER year of AT50 or higher... I've been with dish about a year and a half, and I don't think it's worth it to wait much longer when my freaking CABLE company has a better deal then dish. I'm waiting for my 5000 to die, and then it's adios dish.

rtt2 said:
You have to cal the executive office to get the811 DHP offer.

1866-443-5162

Have you or anyone else tried calling the executive office to take advantage of the $199.00 offer. I called two CSR's after the Charlie Chat show. They told me since I have the DHP I would have to pay $399.00 plus shipping. The only way to qualify is to turn in my equiptment and purchase all new receivers.

This is the email that I sent to Charlie Dec. 8. No reply as of this post. Charlie says that he reads all of his emails.

Dear Mr. Ergen,

Tonight I enjoyed watching the "Charlie Chat" show. You stated the price of the 811 for current subscribers is $199.00. In addition you must subscribe to a minimum package of the America's Top 50. In addition you must subscribe to the HD package. The $24.95 delivery charged will be waived with auto pay.

A person called in stating that he had the digital home plan. He asked if the $199.00 offer applied to him. You said that it did apply.

After the show I spoke to a CSR. She stated that the digital home plan subscribers are not eligible for the discounted price. I told her what you said on your show. She stated that she was not aware of what you said.

I have the digital home plan, subscribe to all of the movie channels. Also I have had auto pay since I was installed.

I am awaiting my Sumsung DLP HDTV to be delivered. Also I plan on subscribing to the HD package.

Am I eligable for the 811 at the discount price of $199.00? If so I would very much like to purchase the receiver.

Thank You,
Ron Keith
XXXX S. XXXXX
Chicago, IL. 60638
773-XXX-XXXX

Call the executive office number, NOT the usual CSR's. The people at the exec office will definitely able to get you the deal. I am also a DHP customer and got the 6000u w/ 8VSB last month for $149 and the 811 (it was installed on Monday) also for $149 - no commitments, free install (including free second dish and switches, etc...) no receiver swap outs, no credit card autopay (already have it) and no minimum programming level. The people at the exec office are FAR more knowledgable about these promos and can do much more than your standard CSR to make sure you are a happy camper. A lot of DHP customers managed to get this deal even before the Charlie Chat. Don't even waste your time playing CSR roulette! Be aware though, I'm starting to see a lot of postings about shortages of the 811 so it may be a little delayed, but it's worth it!

cpdretired said:
This is the email that I sent to Charlie Dec. 8. No reply as of this post. Charlie says that he reads all of his emails.

Dear Mr. Ergen,

Tonight I enjoyed watching the "Charlie Chat" show. You stated the price of the 811 for current subscribers is $199.00. In addition you must subscribe to a minimum package of the America's Top 50. In addition you must subscribe to the HD package. The $24.95 delivery charged will be waived with auto pay.

A person called in stating that he had the digital home plan. He asked if the $199.00 offer applied to him. You said that it did apply.

After the show I spoke to a CSR. She stated that the digital home plan subscribers are not eligible for the discounted price. I told her what you said on your show. She stated that she was not aware of what you said.

I have the digital home plan, subscribe to all of the movie channels. Also I have had auto pay since I was installed.

I am awaiting my Sumsung DLP HDTV to be delivered. Also I plan on subscribing to the HD package.

Am I eligable for the 811 at the discount price of $199.00? If so I would very much like to purchase the receiver.

Thank You,
Ron Keith
XXXX S. XXXXX
Chicago, IL. 60638
773-XXX-XXXX

The newbie would like to thank the members of this forum for their help. I called E's corporate number. He stated that my email was received. It was sent to someone who knew what they were doing. A 811 will be installed Friday afternoon. I am being charged $199.00. Let's hope that the installer has one. :D

CPDRETIRED: Way to go! The 811 (or any HD receiver for that matter!) at $149/$199 is a steal - to put it in perspective, MSRP on my home theater remote is $199!

The normal CSR's can only do what their screen gives them permission to - which isn't much. Occasionally you'll find a good one who is really 'into' the technology, but for the most part, it's just a job. The Executive Office CSR's are just better informed and have a lot more leeway in taking care of the customer's needs. They are also able to cut through a lot of red tape, so if you run into a bureaucratic quagmire, give them a try.

Keep in mind that for the average customer, the normal CSR's are perfectly suited to taking care of their questions. It's customers like us - the ones who follow forums and know about offers before Dish's own employees do - that need something more. Think of it as 2nd Level support for fanatics! :mrgreen:

I work in the IT industry, so maybe I'm just used to missed product launch dates, buggy first releases, periodic software patches and 'backdoor' support calls. Personally, I am VERY happy when I can buy a $399 piece of hardware (or $699 in the case of the 6000u) for $149/$199 that comes with unlimited software patches (that are automatically installed!), will (usually) run for years without needing replacement, integrates perfectly with my existing hardware and won't be obsolete in six months! Are you listening Redmond? :mrgreen:

I called the corporate number today and I was told I do not qualify for the $199 811 deal because I am a DHP customer. I described what was said on Charlie chat and the CSR got a transcript of the show and he said it didn't mention the 811. I then went on to complain about how DHP customers are getting screwed and that we need motivation to stay with Dish. The CSR said he would check with his managers and see if they could honor the deal and then get back to me. We shall see what happens!

JDM2000: Call 1-866-443-5162, it's the executive office number. One of the CSR's there will be able to get you the deal. I am DHP and got the 811 and free 2nd dish for the 148 location (it was installed on Monday) for $149. I also got the 6000u w/ 8VSB last month for $149 by calling the same number. Don't waste your time with the 1-800-333-3474 number, they most likely won't be able to do anything if you are DHP. Good luck and let us know what happens! :D

saved $200 on 811: thanks satelliteguys!

you satelliteguys are the greatest... you just saved me $200 on an 811. I'm a DHP customer, and when I phoned regular cust.serv. they insisted that I was eligible for only the $399 deal. Checked a local Dallas retailer too -- they wanted $479! Then I phoned the "executive office" number that I found in this thread, and sure enough they gave me the $199 deal, with a Friday 12/12/03 install appt. Thanks satelliteguys!

Bunkerbob....Good luck! Currently there are no 811s in the DFW area. Seems they all went to Oklahoma!

ddeeble said:
JDM2000: Call 1-866-443-5162, it's the executive office number. One of the CSR's there will be able to get you the deal. I am DHP and got the 811 and free 2nd dish for the 148 location (it was installed on Monday) for $149. I also got the 6000u w/ 8VSB last month for $149 by calling the same number. Don't waste your time with the 1-800-333-3474 number, they most likely won't be able to do anything if you are DHP. Good luck and let us know what happens! :D

I DID call the 866-443-5162 number. Does anyone have any particular agent they spoke to to get the deal? Mine gave me the same old CSR stuff about not qualifying. I am hoping he will come back and give me the deal after speaking with his supervisor or other agents.