DHPP question

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
I've been back with Dish since December with no issues til now, and I just get 'searching for satellite'. I chat with tech support and they will be sending out a tech Saturday to try and solve the issue. The customer rep. stated I will be charged $15 for this trip. I understand if I didn't have the protection plan (I'm not paying for it as it is a new customer incentive for the first nine months) my cost would be $95 but...

if it's Dish equipment and not the wind, etc that say has knocked the dish out of alignment why should I be liable to any cost? I mean, it could be their equipment that failed and I'm having to pay out?

Help me understand this. I would appreciate any feedback.

Because nothing is FREE!

I was told a few weeks ago my car needed the steering rack replaced. I took it in as scheduled and when the mechanic got it up on the rack he noticed the pressure line in nut has vibrated loose. Even though it was minor and I didn't have to fork out almost $1000 for a new steering rack I still had to pay $50 for 1 hour labor.

So, it's really no different with Dish. I have DHPP and had to have my dish fixed after a bad windstorm. I happily paid the $15 and thought I really got a bargain under the circumstances!

I can't say that it makes sense to me. I understand wanting to have a disincentive for calling every time it rains, but the plan used to include free repoints.

That being said, the terms of the plan clearly state that the technician visit co-pay is $15, so the OP shouldn't be surprised.

Good luck getting the cable company come out for free to check on there box. The phone company? Or alarm company? Nope. Only the gas company comes out if there is a leak.

The cable company DOES come to houses in my area without charge if it is a problem with their equipment - but they charge more and that is one of the reasons why (no charge for service calls on existing equipment/setup). Phone company also doesn't charge if the problem is OUTSIDE the house. It's really a function of the way they charge for services in my opinion. Dish charges less than cable, but you pay whenever they send someone out to do any work.

We sell and service appliance as well as Dish. When an appliance has a part that gets covered under warranty, a lot of times the labor is not covered. If you are aware of what the plan consist of ahead of time you should not be surprised.

The cable company here (which SUCKS) does not charge for a trouble call nor does my phone company. Of course, they DO charge but it's in their rates--as mentioned, ain't nuttin' free..............;)
Just my .02.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts